FORUMS: list search recent posts

EX1r only displaying Shutter Off and not the current shutter speed

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tony Velez
EX1r only displaying Shutter Off and not the current shutter speed
on Jun 6, 2010 at 8:37:21 pm

On my EX1r, in the menu i have the shutter set to speed and at 1/48, and on the LCD display options i have the shutter option set to On. When i exit the menu and go back to see what is now seen on the LCD screen, it is still showing SHT:Off and I can not figure out why it is not displaying the current shutter setting i have set which is 1/48. Is this normal or am I missing something here, an option or setting that I have not set right? The camera is brand new, right out the box. Anyone who can help me out or tell me what i need to do to get the LCD to display the cameras current shutter speed rather than OFF no matter what i do. This is really bothering me because i should be able to also select the shutter directly on LCD screen and change it there as well without having to go into the menu. Anyones assistance is greatly appreciated.

Return to posts index

Michael Palmer
Re: EX1r only displaying Shutter Off and not the current shutter speed
on Jun 6, 2010 at 9:23:29 pm

I believe you have the toggle switch to off on the shutter, its under the lens

Good Luck
Michael Palmer

Return to posts index

Tony Velez
on Jun 6, 2010 at 11:10:00 pm

Thank You so much for your response. Again, im still getting used to the camera since i just got it. I knew there was something i was missing and that switch indeed was it. lol. Problem solved. Thanks again. This forum is the best.

Return to posts index

Chuck Clifton
on Jun 17, 2010 at 11:55:51 am

Tony,

Have you tried the "Direct Menu?" You get to it by simply pushing in the toggle wheel and then toggling thru some of the screen settings. It may allow you to make the change there. The two menus are a little confusing at first but read your manual in the "Direct Menu" section and you may figure it out.

Return to posts index

Matthew Adams
on Aug 13, 2010 at 10:50:14 pm

Wow, I just had the same exact problem with my ex1r right out of the box and you guys solved it. I LOVE THIS FORUM!!!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]