FORUMS: list search recent posts

SxS driver problem with Bootcamp

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mees Hopenzaad
SxS driver problem with Bootcamp
on Jun 4, 2010 at 1:04:57 pm

I have happily used a macbook pro 2.16 core duo with bootcamp and win xp for transferring EX1 files to harddisk and edit them in Vegas.
Now it was time to upgrade:
Latest Macbook pro i7, bootcamp and windows 7 64bit. you need bootcamp 3.1 for 64 bit, which came was the vesrsion number I tracked after installing.

everything installed like a dream - both vegas 32 bit and 64 bit - but there is an issue with the driver for the SxS card. It installs correctly, but the SxS card is not being recognized.

Then, if I try to reboot in Mac OSX, I get the Mac equivalent of a blue screen. The machine now refuses to start up in OSX

Anybody aware of this issue, or is it just this machine / the express port that is broken?

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
Re: SxS driver problem with Bootcamp
on Jun 4, 2010 at 7:47:15 pm

[Mees Hopenzaad] "Then, if I try to reboot in Mac OSX, I get the Mac equivalent of a blue screen. The machine now refuses to start up in OSX "

How are you trying to reboot into OSX?
On the lower right in Windows 7 have you selected the Bootcamp icon and selected reboot Mac OSX?
Did you remove the card before reboot attempt? I'd think you should.

Return to posts index

Mees Hopenzaad
Re: SxS driver problem with Bootcamp
on Jun 5, 2010 at 5:44:31 am

Thanks,

I send it in for service. I'll tell them to check before formatting the whole thing.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]