FORUMS: list search recent posts

corrupt or wrong format files on an SxS card...

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Phil Meachem
corrupt or wrong format files on an SxS card...
on May 24, 2010 at 10:30:08 am

Hello

I have a problem with my SxS memory cards

Currently i am trying to upload footage from my 8Gb SxS cards to my mac book pro to edit in final cut pro. I am using the usual software with the clip browser and the log and transfer programs to view the footage. I used two cards to record to and the first card worked without a problem. I connected my Sony EX1 via the usb 2.0 cable and used the log and transfer to import into final cut pro. the footage was fine. the second SxS memory card is the problem. I tried to look at the clips via the cameras media preview and it is stating that there is no clips there. I look at the memory card via the mac book pro and it is full. There are the clip folders with the five files it usually has before you import via log and transfer but when i try to do so no clips appear so it currently seems that there is nothing on there when there actually is.

Does this mean that the files are corrupted and lost or can i resurrect them by reformatting them?

please help as this is for a client i can not let down

regards,

Phil

Return to posts index

Don Greening
Re: corrupt or wrong format files on an SxS card...
on May 25, 2010 at 4:04:47 am

Read the thread at the link below and see if this person's problem is similar to yours:

http://forums.creativecow.net/thread/142/870770

- Don

Don Greening
Reeltime Videoworks
http://www.reeltimevideoworks.com

Return to posts index

Phil Meachem
Re: corrupt or wrong format files on an SxS card...
on May 25, 2010 at 9:56:56 am

hey thank you for getting back to me.

I figured it out by myself at the end of the day.

Basically when i got back home from filming i backed up both cards onto an external drive. and because the folders are both called BRAVs I changed one of the folders to BRAV2. in doing so i when i disconnected my camera the card with the BRAV2 folder it automatically created another folder called BRAV. there was no clips to be seen on the camera and log and transfer as it was reading the BRAV and not the BRAV2 so it basically had no clips in there when it was actually full.

Crisis over the smallest of little things. always the case ah?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]