FORUMS: list search recent posts

EX1 lenses

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
steve green
EX1 lenses
on May 23, 2010 at 7:49:20 pm

Has anyone experimented with removing the fixed lens of an EX1? It would be great to be able to put a PL or DSLR mount on the camera to get more wide angle options.

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: EX1 lenses
on May 23, 2010 at 11:53:34 pm

It would be the same effect as if you experimented with replacing one of your own limbs. Not pretty... :)

There are lens adapters that will fit *over* the EX1 lens and give you access to 35mm lenses- Letus, Brevis, etc. But unless you're a mechanical engineer with a fully equipped optical workshop the only effect you'll achieve by forcing off the EX1's lens is a broken camera and a voided warranty.

Quite honestly though- something like a Canon T2i/7D/5D Mark II would be a far more simple and cost-effective route to lens interchangeability.

Noah

Check out my book: RED: The Ultimate Guide to Using the Revolutionary Camera!
Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook, Panasonic HVX200, Canon EOS 5D Mark II and Canon 7D.
Watch Formosa- My indie movie shot with the SDX900 and finished with Final Cut Studio.

Return to posts index

Sverker Hahn
on May 25, 2010 at 1:54:28 pm

Not a good idea.
Those who want other lenses should buy an EX3.
To get more wide angle options without a 35 mm adapter, you can buy a wide angle adapter from Sony or Schneider.

Sverker Hahn, Stockholm

Slower is better!

Sony EX1
Final Cut Studio 2
iMac Intel
MacBook Pro 15"

Return to posts index

Derek Reich
on May 28, 2010 at 2:10:21 pm

The WA (wide adapters) are the only option for the EX1/1r. Here are some examples of what is available from Century (Schneider) Optics:
http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-xdcam-ex-cinealta/477833-century-wide-adap...

Return to posts index

Pushpanatha de Silva
on May 30, 2010 at 1:49:55 am

Hi

There is a wide angle lense made by Sony for EX1 without remving any lenese u can connect that. Model NO Is VCL-EX0877 the cost is A$630.00 with 0.8 magnification/

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]