FORUMS: list search recent posts

EX 1 card Recovery

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeff Cowan
EX 1 card Recovery
on May 23, 2010 at 5:30:04 am

Hi all,

I'm having a problem importing a clip from a card after shooting with an EX1. I got a media restore message on the camera and I selected restore on the card, after that all my clips are transferring except one.

While navigating the BPAV folder, I see the folder for that clip has no .mp4 file, all other files, the .smi, .ppn, .xml, .bim are all there.

Do I have any hope of recovering?

I am currently trying File Salvage 7.0 to no avail, its not finding that missing .mp4. Any suggestions?

Thanks for your time.

Return to posts index

olof ekbergh
Re: EX 1 card Recovery
on May 23, 2010 at 1:04:28 pm

Is it possible that you had 2 cards in the camera, and the file was split between the cards. If so there are a few ways to join them.

1. Have both BPAV folders mounted in the trans program, and then transfer normally.

2. Use Clip Browser to transfer each clip as mxf, then use Transfer to save as .mov or whatever.

Olof Ekbergh

Return to posts index

Jeff Cowan
on May 23, 2010 at 3:17:32 pm

Unfortunately it is not split onto any other cards, I have extra space on the card where the error is and I checked the other cards and there is no sign of it. Any other ideas?

Return to posts index

Ilya Spektor
on May 23, 2010 at 4:18:31 pm

Jeff,

Place the card into the camera and switch it into Media mode. Do you see the icon of that missing clip? If yes, try to play it. If it plays, probably, the file is corrupted somewhere on the card - if it is the case, playback will halt at some point with the message "Media error, playback halted".

In this case, using Expand and Divide options, you can save portions of the clip just before, and after the corrupted point. I had the same issue and managed to loose only 3 sec. of the corrupted clip...

It is important to upgrade to the latest firmware version - all kind of media errors disappeared, when I upgraded my EX-1 from v.1.11 to v. 1.20...

Good Luck!

Return to posts index

Jeff Cowan
on May 23, 2010 at 5:36:36 pm

Thanks for the response, unfortunately in Media mode I do not see the clip. I am guessing that is because there is no .mp4 in the directory. Any way that the .mp4 could be recovered or recreated? I wonder if the camera stores it in a cache somewhere where it could be restored? Any other ideas?

Return to posts index

Ilya Spektor
on May 23, 2010 at 7:18:47 pm

You can try these freeware programs to recover the clip:
TestDisk http://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/TestDisk and
PhotoRec http://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/PhotoRec

Return to posts index

olof ekbergh
on May 23, 2010 at 11:28:14 pm

Sony offers a recovery service as well, contact your dealer. He/she may be able to help, you get in touch with Sony help.

Olof Ekbergh

Return to posts index

olof ekbergh
on May 24, 2010 at 2:03:01 am

Is this card a SxS card or an adapter card?

Olof Ekbergh

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]