FORUMS: list search recent posts

Importing DVCAM from SXS card to FCP using XDcam transfer

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rich Moran
Importing DVCAM from SXS card to FCP using XDcam transfer
on May 20, 2010 at 4:21:13 pm

Hi
Im Using the Sony PMW-350 camera (SXS media) and sometimes we shoot in DVcam. When using XDcam transfer on either my laptop FCP system or my full FCP system in office it detects the SXS card but not the clips. When the clips are in HD it sees them without a problem. The same also happens when using XDcam EX browser.
ANY IDEAS ON SOLVING THIS PROBLEM?

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Importing DVCAM from SXS card to FCP using XDcam transfer
on May 20, 2010 at 5:23:33 pm

Just out of curiosity- why continue to shoot in DVCAM? Suppose someday you need one of those shots to be in HD and its not. If it's just to save space grab more SxS cards or switch over to SxS SDHC media adapters. That said I'd imagine you might get them to recognize via FCP's Log and Transfer tool or something. Then again they may simply be unsupported. But I'd fall back on not shooting DVCAM when you can easily avoid it.

Noah

Check out my book: RED: The Ultimate Guide to Using the Revolutionary Camera!
Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook, Panasonic HVX200, Canon EOS 5D Mark II and Canon 7D.
Watch Formosa- My indie movie shot with the SDX900 and finished with Final Cut Studio.

Return to posts index

Rich Moran
on May 21, 2010 at 4:35:02 am

Thanks Noah
on rare occasions I have to provide a second camera were the primary (I have no control over) is dvcam. The log tool in my version of fcp does not work with this. It's not hard to just import to a folder and then import to fcp. I thought Sony would support this as they still market dvcam. Must be wrong about that.

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on May 21, 2010 at 5:01:28 am

You could always shoot XDCAM and simply downconvert to DVCAM in FCP- simpler workflow for you and the footage will look fine for them.

Noah

Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook, Panasonic HVX200, Canon EOS 5D Mark II and Canon 7D.
Watch Formosa- My indie movie shot with the SDX900 and finished with Final Cut Studio.

Return to posts index

Daniel Wright
on May 21, 2010 at 8:35:18 pm

I believe Final Cut Pro supports AVI natively. Unless they are a Sony special, you should be able to just drag the files onto the Browser. No need for any transfer tools.

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on May 21, 2010 at 10:13:02 pm

Or if they are recorded as MXF you're still outta luck...

Noah

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]