FORUMS: list search recent posts

doc on "Lost Finale"

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jim stamos
doc on "Lost Finale"
on May 20, 2010 at 2:28:30 am

theres going to be a huge event for the series finale of lost here. being huge fans, weve decided to shoot a doc of the days events which go from noon sunday to midnight. its being shown on 2 screens at a local movie theatre.we will be interviewing alot of fans throughout the day up to the showing and after the showing when its all over and we finally find out what the heck is going on after 6 years.
alot of the docs we shoot have setup interviews some run and gun, but im curious if we are better off having the fans talk to the cam with their comments or do one of my crew standing next to me. he will also be manning a boom mic.
it seems more nat for them to be answering questions to him. ive seen them done both ways. just some takes from you guys here as another point of view
thanks

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: doc on "Lost Finale"
on May 20, 2010 at 1:06:14 pm

That's a directorial/style question. Personally I don't like to see the interviewer actually on camera unless it's a live show or E! style entertainment show. If it's a regular doc, unless the person is a Michael Moore type celeb- you stay behind the camera.

Noah

Check out my book: RED: The Ultimate Guide to Using the Revolutionary Camera!
Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook, Panasonic HVX200, Canon EOS 5D Mark II and Canon 7D.
Watch Formosa- My indie movie shot with the SDX900 and finished with Final Cut Studio.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]