FORUMS: list search recent posts

Nano flash and card recording

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bob Cole
Nano flash and card recording
on May 14, 2010 at 11:44:46 pm

I read in another post here that the 350 offers a "possibility to record 100mbits per sec. at 4.2.2 via Nanoflash."

Can you record to the Nano as well as to the internal card, at the same time?

Bob C
(still getting used to the idea of tapeless recording and a bit paranoid without a tape cassette at the end of the shoot)

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Nano flash and card recording
on May 15, 2010 at 12:30:59 am

In general yes you can roll both at the same time.

Noah

Check out my book: RED: The Ultimate Guide to Using the Revolutionary Camera!
Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook, Panasonic HVX200, Canon EOS 5D Mark II and Canon 7D.
Watch Formosa- My indie movie shot with the SDX900 and finished with Final Cut Studio.

Return to posts index

Michael Palmer
on May 15, 2010 at 3:45:22 pm

YES You definitely can record to both SxS and on into the Nano at the same time. IMO this is the best way to insure you have the optimum security working with digital files. I just shot a pilot and this is the workflow I use to insure the files to my clients.

Good Luck
Michael Palmer

Return to posts index

Jim Watt
on May 21, 2010 at 9:06:08 pm

We always record on both media when using the nano Flash, it's just more convenient than using the remote roll switch and you have the benefit of a backup. If you're shooting time of day time code however, you'll need to use the remote roll cable for the Nano Flash to trigger recording.

jw

Producer/DP, HD series, "Discoveries...America", "Discoveries...Ireland", "Discoveries...Spain",
"Discoveries...Argentina", Discoveries...India", "Discoveries...Asia", "Discoveries...Africa"

Return to posts index

adam chesbrough
on Sep 17, 2011 at 8:43:05 pm

How do i just record to the nano. I simply don't have enough sxs cards and when that card fills i can't record to the nano. A reply would be huge here. Thanks

macbook pro 17" i7, 8GB RAM
2 RAID 0 esata external HD 7200RPM

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]