FORUMS: list search recent posts

12v BP-U60 battery charger

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
john lawlor
12v BP-U60 battery charger
on May 8, 2010 at 9:52:23 am

HI Guys

Quick question that I can't seem to find the answer to. I've been searching around for a 12v battery charger for my BP-U60 batteries for my EX1 camera. I will be traveling a lot this year in my camper, and I won't have mains power, hence the need for a cigarette lighter charger for my batteries.

Also, is there such thing as a reliable 12v charger for a Macbook Pro? It seems to be another grey area.

If anyone has any info on where would be the best place to look for these I would greatly appreciate it.

John Lawlor

Return to posts index

Clint Fleckenstein
Re: 12v BP-U60 battery charger
on May 10, 2010 at 1:13:02 pm

I would just go with an inverter. That's what I do for my photography stuff. If you plan on drawing a lot of current you'll need to get one that hooks right to your battery; otherwise, you can run one off the lighter.

This has the benefit of allowing you to use chargers designed for your equipment and batteries. Most third party stuff is just fine, but some isn't :)

Cf

Return to posts index

Sverker Hahn
Re: 12v BP-U60 battery charger
on May 10, 2010 at 10:02:46 pm

Hypermac.com has a 12 V charger for MacBook Pro, and external batteries. Thinking of buying one of each. As for the camera battery, I use an inverter.

Sverker Hahn, Stockholm

Slower is better!

Sony EX1
Final Cut Studio 2
iMac Intel
MacBook Pro 15"

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]