FORUMS: list search recent posts

Transfer problem

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Russell Bramlett
Transfer problem
on May 3, 2010 at 6:16:49 pm

Hello, I have a lot of EX3 concert footage that is not showing up when I try to transfer via FCP or XDCAM Transfer software. This problem doesn't seem to show up with any other media that I have shot or been given to edit. The files are there, they just are not showing up to transfer/capture. This problem is showing up on both a snow leopard machine and previous OS. FCP is current, sony's xdcam transfer is current. Someone suggested this concert content might have been originally transferred via a pc and perhaps there was conflicting metadata given I'm on apple.
Any suggestions? Thanks!

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
Re: Transfer problem
on May 3, 2010 at 6:23:01 pm

There's not enough info to know what you're doing.
A good workflow is
ClipBrowser with CRC Enabled to hard drive.
XDCAM Transfer adds all parent folders, select all, rewrap to MOV.

I do not know if you've added all parent folders to XDCAM Transfer. If so than maybe there's bad metadata. Otherwise maybe you have a workflow issue.

There are other possibilities but all we can do is throw out a list of guesses at this point.

It's hard to tell without a step by step. Please provide.

Return to posts index

Russell Bramlett
Re: Transfer problem
on May 25, 2010 at 9:14:02 pm

Hello,

After some time I wanted to at least get back re the transfer issue. Turnes out my client corrupted the original ex3 files by A.) deleting files on the sony cards in his computer after copying them, and B.) not re-formatting the cards once they were back in the camera's. Big problem. Through Sony "Cinemon", and also with Aero Quartet, we were able to recover the damaged metadatea and read the files. Thanks all.

Russell

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]