FORUMS: list search recent posts

Compact Flash Card formatting on Mac and shotput pro

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Suzanne Smith
Compact Flash Card formatting on Mac and shotput pro
on Apr 27, 2010 at 12:37:58 pm

Hi

I've come across a problem formatting Compact Flash Cards on a Macbook Pro. I'm using them in a nano flash recorder, recording MXF files and once I have downloaded the footage I use Disk utility to format the cards. No matter what I format them as, the Nano Flash always displays "Unknown Format" and I have to do it again in the Nano flash recorder.

Also I have just downloaded Shotput Pro which is excellent, however on the website it says to download a codec depending on what format/cards you are using so that you can use the option to format the cards after they have been downloaded. There isn't a link to format Compact Flash MXF files, does anyone know where I might be able to find on?

Many Thanks
Suz

Suzanne Smith
Hotcam
http://www.hotcam.co.uk
For retal enquiries please call 0208 742 1888
For our new york office please contact +1 212 633 1888

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Compact Flash Card formatting on Mac and shotput pro
on Apr 27, 2010 at 5:08:19 pm

I'd stick with the Nano Flash formatting- it probably has some firmware requirements that the OS level formatting you're trying on your computer will never get quite right. Only takes a couple of seconds right?

Noah

Check out my book: RED: The Ultimate Guide to Using the Revolutionary Camera!
Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook, Panasonic HVX200, Canon EOS 5D Mark II and Canon 7D.
Watch Formosa- My indie movie shot with the SDX900 and finished with Final Cut Studio.

Return to posts index

Suzanne Smith
Re: Compact Flash Card formatting on Mac and shotput pro
on Apr 28, 2010 at 9:37:34 am

Yeh it does, but were dealing with 7 cameras all out shooting, and the runners are going to be coming back to us constantly throughout the day so I wanted an easy way to name the disk for when they come back and throw them at us :(

Suzanne Smith
Hotcam
http://www.hotcam.co.uk
For rental enquiries please call 0208 742 1888
For our new york office please contact +1 212 633 1888

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]