FORUMS: list search recent posts

sennheiser ew100 g2 issues

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Murray wilkinson
sennheiser ew100 g2 issues
on Apr 25, 2010 at 7:59:52 am

I seem to be having issues with my new mic. it seems to be cutting out even when the transmiter and reciever are quite close.
What is their maximum range? I have the squelch on low. could it be interferance?

Return to posts index

Don Greening
Re: sennheiser ew100 g2 issues
on Apr 26, 2010 at 7:24:09 am

Hi Murray,

Welcome to Creative COW.

I also had issues with the Sennheiser G2 wireless system and my EX1. I was experiencing "picket-fencing" with this combo and I do believe that the EX1 simply did not like the G2 setup. It didn't seem to matter how close or far away the transmitter was, I was still getting a loud intermittent drop out.

I have since purchased an EX1R and the one and only time I've used the G2 setup with this camera the two have played well together. I wish I could be more helpful.

- Don

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Apr 26, 2010 at 1:36:11 pm

I've been using the Sennheiser G2 with my EX1 since I purchased it in Dec 2007. They work fine together. I have some issues with the G2 but they are not related to the EX1 at all. Basically I think the G2 cables/connections are fragile. I'll be getting the G3 in the near future.

Return to posts index

Don Greening
on Apr 26, 2010 at 7:00:12 pm

I've heard good things about the G3 setup. While it's not completely "true diversity" it supposedly uses the connecting XLR on the receiver as a secondary antenna.

- Don

Return to posts index

Adam Reuter
on Jun 4, 2010 at 12:42:47 am

I have a EX1/Sennheiser G2 setup. The transmission range is really good...500 feet at least. I haven't run into many issues with either the clip on transmitter or the plug-in transmitter.

With any wireless gear you don't want to have the attenaes closer than I think 3 or 4 feet...it says something in the manual.

What frequency range is your gear in?

You also need to use Sennheiser's website and see if you aren't interferring with any radio/TV frequencies. All cities have different setups so you need to get this info before your shoot.

http://12.148.18.149/ is the Sennheiser site.

During one event I kept getting static. Even though my cell phone's frequency isn't near my wireless gear's range, I turned it off. For the rest of the event, no more interference. Coincidence?

Also...always use fresh batteries. This can't be said enough.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]