FORUMS: list search recent posts

re-connecting EX1 clips in FCP

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Geary
re-connecting EX1 clips in FCP
on Apr 21, 2010 at 4:13:54 am

I have a FCP sequence that was made using EX1 footage via log and transfer. All of the clips are offline, I have the footage saved and I can re-injest using log and transfer, but I can't figure out how to reconnect the clips without matching everything up manually via timecode. Is there a way to re-connect the media using the log and transfer utility or via an EDL etc?

Return to posts index

Greg Ondera
Re: re-connecting EX1 clips in FCP
on Apr 21, 2010 at 5:01:17 am

Why not just reconnect to the footage if you have that intact?

Greg Ondera
http://www.Plexus.tv
http://www.SurgeonToday.org

Return to posts index

Don Greening
on Apr 21, 2010 at 5:06:11 am

[David Geary] "s there a way to re-connect the media using the log and transfer utility or via an EDL etc?"

To reconnect offline media in FCP right or control click on a clip in the browser or timeline. In the pop-up menu choose: "Reconnect Media." In the dialogue box choose: "Search" and navigate to your clip. A lot of the time FCP will advise you that it has found the rest of your offline clips in that particular folder and will ask if you wish these to be made online as well. Just choose OK.

See if that works for you.

- Don

Return to posts index

Clint Fleckenstein
on Apr 21, 2010 at 1:19:09 pm

Yeah, that's a goofy thing with FCP...it is possible to reconnect the clips in your bin but have all their instances in the timeline still show up as offline. You might need to reconnect them in both places.

Cf

Return to posts index

David Geary
on Apr 21, 2010 at 5:13:06 pm

Want to thank you guys for the help. I can reconnect the media that I still have the mov's for, unfortunately I have deleted several of the mov folders so I was trying to re-injest those clips from the bpav folders I had saved. It was confusing because some of them linked fine and some I had to reconnect both the sequence clips and the clips in the browser. I'm guessing I may have broken the links when I made some of the clips independent from the original source files. Its odd that not all reconnect in both places, but I was able to work it out - again thanks for the help.

David

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]