FORUMS: list search recent posts

Data Recovery Service?

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jason Doyle
Data Recovery Service?
on Apr 19, 2010 at 4:50:43 pm

Hi All. Anybody know of a good data recovery service with experience rescuing footage from SDHC cards (from an EX-3)? Preferably near Chicago?

Here's my situation: a Client recently delivered a card to me that is unreadable. When I say unreadable, I mean that it won't mount on my Mac. It does show up in Disk Utility, though. When I attempt to make a disk image of the card in disk utility, disk utility fails and gives me in "input/output" error. I think the I/O controller on the card may be bad. My client's DP got a "media restore" error when they were shooting, but weren't able to use the camera's restore function (apparently the camera didn't give them the option).

Thanks for any suggestions.

Jay

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
Re: Data Recovery Service?
on Apr 19, 2010 at 5:03:27 pm

I really wish people would search the forum.
Not near Chicago but you get close or you chose and expert. They apparently have fast turnaround as well.
http://www.aeroquartet.com/
Try their Treasured utility first.

I think I've posted this link twice today and within the last week or so others have posted it or written about them as well.

Return to posts index

Jason Doyle
on Apr 19, 2010 at 5:38:08 pm

Thanks, Craig. I did search previous posts. And, I saw that you mentioned Areo Quartet several times. I ruled out Areo Quartet because, according their recovery tutorial, their software - Treasured - requires that the card be readable. As I stated in my post, the card is not readable. I can't get it to mount on any of my machines using various card readers.

My client and his DP both tried getting the card to mount on their laptops. No go.

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Apr 19, 2010 at 5:46:25 pm

You can also send in the card for them to retrieve. Maybe that's not clear from the site. Several people on this forum have used them and have been happy with the results.

Return to posts index

Jason Doyle
on Apr 19, 2010 at 6:04:02 pm

That cards can be sent to them for repair is certainly not apparent from their site. At any rate, I'm glad to hear that people here have been satisfied by Areo Quartet's service(s). But, if I can help it, I'd like to not send the card to overseas. I'd prefer to keep the job as local as possible.

Anyone have any other suggestions?

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
on Apr 19, 2010 at 11:44:56 pm

Aeroquarter works, but what is does is repair QT files.
If you have no access to the files they can do nothing.

[Jason Doyle] " I can't get it to mount on any of my machines using various card readers. "
Did you tried the "Mounting point" in the DIsk Utility?

Did you tried a PC?
I've recovered the clips from my last failed card thanks to a PC. My Mac couldn't see nothing.
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

Jason Doyle
on Apr 21, 2010 at 8:16:40 pm

Rafael, thanks for the advice. I didn't try changing the mounting point of the card or try it in a PC. My client found a data recovery service in San Francisco that he is comfortable with. San Francisco isn't exactly local, but slightly closer than Barcelona, I guess.

If the service can recover the files, does a good job, etc. I'll post their info here.

Thanks again.

Jay

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]