Mac doesn't see my EX-30

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eugenio Cappuccio
Mac doesn't see my EX-30
on Apr 19, 2010 at 1:29:16 pm

Hi
I just got a brand new PMW-Ex-30.
First of all I found out that I have to upgrade the firmware to access SxS-1, but still it woks fine readin'SxS-pro...
My problem is that , in despite of following instructions, my MacPro doesn't SEE the deck in the desktop...via firewire 800, neither usb.

any suggestions?

thanks

Euge

Return to posts index

Clint Fleckenstein
Re: Mac doesn't see my EX-30
on Apr 19, 2010 at 4:50:11 pm

I only have the PDW-U1, but I do know that the device doesn't show up "on the desktop" as a device. Only a mounted volume does. So the Mac acts like it doesn't have a PDW-U1 connected until I put in a disc. That is, of course, unless I use the included PWD-U1 Utility software. Does the EX-30 come with a similar utility? I only ask this because you haven't mentioned whether you've tried it with any SxS-1 or SxS-Pro cards yet.

Cf

Return to posts index

Eugenio Cappuccio
on Apr 19, 2010 at 5:10:19 pm

Hi Clint
Thanks for your post.
Right now we managed finally to connect via USB 2.0 and MacPro sees it like an "Untitled" volume (strange enough we did exactely same operations but didn't get any of this earlier...better later...), so we can import clips now from a SxS PRO stock into the EX30, not from -1 yet, which cannot be accessed because the actual firmwire .
iLink port seems not to be allowed as a preferencial protocol to connect with PC\Mac, I suppose, but only as connection HD\DVCAM port i\o.

thanks

mybest

Return to posts index

Clint Fleckenstein
on Apr 19, 2010 at 6:53:03 pm

I was looking at the EX30 page on the Sony XDCAM site (link) and saw this text:

"IEEE1394, 6pin (x 1), HDV stream input/output, DVCAM stream output, S400"

Between that and the image of the back panel with the iLink port labeled "HDV/DV" I'm guessing that it's a video-only port. In that case it might show up to your Mac like a video source, not a storage device. Before investing more time in trying to get iLink to work for data on your machine, you might want to track that down.

Cf

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]