FORUMS: list search recent posts

matching an XDCAM EX-3 and a HVR-Z5U

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jim Watt
matching an XDCAM EX-3 and a HVR-Z5U
on Apr 10, 2010 at 6:19:56 pm

I have a shoot coming up and the producer is bringing their own Sony HVR-Z5U & wants to know if we can get it to match up with our XDCAM EX-3, shooting standard definition 16 x 9. We're recording on a Nano Flash to get the SD picture. I've never even seen a the Z5 so don't have a clue other than it does have CMOS sensors and it's a Sony so in theory it might work. anyone have a clue, experience or even an opinion?

Other than why not use two of our XDCAMs?

thx...jw

Producer/DP, HD series, "Discoveries...America", "Discoveries...Ireland", "Discoveries...Spain",
"Discoveries...Argentina", Discoveries...India", "Discoveries...Asia", "Discoveries...Africa"

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: matching an XDCAM EX-3 and a HVR-Z5U
on Apr 11, 2010 at 4:55:48 pm

Depends on your definition of 'match'. Sure they can be synced up on a timeline and edited- but I'd suggest a test with the client to check that the aesthetics are acceptable to them.

Noah

Check out my book: RED: The Ultimate Guide to Using the Revolutionary Camera!
Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook, Panasonic HVX200, Canon EOS 5D Mark II and Canon 7D.
Watch Formosa- My indie movie shot with the SDX900 and finished with Final Cut Studio.

Return to posts index

Fred Casanova
Re: matching an XDCAM EX-3 and a HVR-Z5U
on Apr 14, 2010 at 5:02:54 am

Yeah, what does "matched" mean to the client? We recently did a 2 camera shoot with a Z7 and an EX-1. I wanted to do multiclips without converting footage. The best I found was to have the EX-1 shoot HDV (SP mode) because that is about all I knew the Z7 could do. I might be wrong about the Z7 capabilities, but it's not our camera, so I didn't know. But the pictures were acceptably close enough in quality to switch back and forth.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]