FORUMS: list search recent posts

XDCAM EX Clip Browser Problems

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jason Doyle
XDCAM EX Clip Browser Problems
on Apr 8, 2010 at 9:21:23 pm

I just upgraded my Mac system from Leopard 10.5.8 to Snow Leopard 10.6.3. I did a clean install of Snow Leopard, so I had to reinstall all of my apps, including the Sony XDCAM EX Clip Browser (v2.6).

Now, if I have a card mounted, the Clip Browser crashes immediately on launch. If no card is mounted, Clip Browser launches, but can't detect any cards once they're mounted. I'm not using sxs cards, justSD cards, and I'm trying to read them using SanDisk reader.

I had no problems prior to the upgrade.

Any ideas on how to fix?

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
Re: XDCAM EX Clip Browser Problems
on Apr 8, 2010 at 9:35:19 pm

I ran into this problem too. It's actually, oddly enough, the Sandisk reader. I had an older Sandisk reader and I needed a second one. The new reader kept causing the behavior EXACTLY as you described. I went back to the old reader and everything worked perfectly. Odd but there's something about the new Sandisk reader(s) that ClipBrowser doesn't like. The reader works fine otherwise.

I'd thought I'd tell you that before you pull your hair out. I would never have known this if I hadn't be happily using the older Sandisk reader for a year. At first I thought maybe it was something I updated recently but the problem went away when I switched readers.

Return to posts index

Jason Doyle
Re: XDCAM EX Clip Browser Problems
on Apr 9, 2010 at 4:59:55 pm

Thanks, Craig. Changing card readers eliminated the crashing!

Jay

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]