FORUMS: list search recent posts

S&Q aftermarket memory

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joe Tyler
S&Q aftermarket memory
on Apr 8, 2010 at 2:12:53 pm

I've been running some Slowmotion tests with my EX3 and came across a few articles about running S&Q on aftermarket memory cards.

I'm planning on recording 48Fps @ 720P.
I use Transcend 16GB class 6 cards, in an MXR adapter. No problems so far.

Does this problem with the aftermarket cards still exist or is this only on older memory cards.

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
Re: S&Q aftermarket memory
on Apr 8, 2010 at 2:18:55 pm

What firmware? It makes ALL the difference in the world now.

EX1 with firmware 1.20 can run full overcrank from what I understand on some SDHC cards. The best card for the moment is the Sandisk Extreme Class 10 which can run 720p24/60. Other EX cameras also have firmware upgrade for this including EX although the firmware numbers are different.

Return to posts index

Joe Tyler
on Apr 8, 2010 at 2:56:35 pm

I'm running an EX3 V1.04.
Have to send it to sony for the V1.1 and I have not had the need. Yet.

http://www.killianthered.com
DP in the Washington DC Area
EX3 Owner

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Apr 8, 2010 at 3:59:53 pm

Now you'd get 1.20. It can be done yourself at some risk (apparently small risk) of bricking the camera. Sony is distributing the firmware upgrade. Alternately you can send it in to Sony for the upgrade. Sony recommended to me over the phone that if you have version 1.11 or earlier it is best to send it in. I think an online document says 1.0.5 or earlier. In your case you might be better off sending it in. Sony quoted me a $135 cost. After the upgrade you should be able to overcrank on a well tested Class 10 card such as Sandisk Extreme Class 10.

Return to posts index

Joe Tyler
on Apr 8, 2010 at 4:03:29 pm

Craig,
Big Thanks, I'm going to send it away as soon as the work slows down. Do you have the contact info for shipping the camera to sony?
I'm an east coaster (DC area).

I sent a request to sony.com/professional, but their reply time is sometimes questionable.
Again, Many thanks,
Joe

http://www.killianthered.com
DP in the Washington DC Area
EX3 Owner

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]