FORUMS: list search recent posts

XDCAM EX for AVID as MXF

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
toby Heslop
XDCAM EX for AVID as MXF
on Apr 3, 2010 at 2:12:17 am

I sent my client some XDCAM EX footage that I wrapped as MXF using xdcam clip browser - MXF for NLE.

They are telling me that AVID won't open the files and says it needs automatic duck to import them.

I don't know anything about AVID, but I have used this workflow before and it has worked on other clients AVID suite.

Can anyone help as to why this problem is occuring?

Return to posts index

Jay Gladwell
Re: XDCAM EX for AVID as MXF
on Apr 3, 2010 at 6:59:50 pm

Try the AVID forum for an answer.

Return to posts index

ronn kilby
on Apr 4, 2010 at 4:45:11 pm

They could have an old version of Avid. Any version of Media Composer since 3.x should have no problem importing the MXF files from EX (current version is 4.x). That would be my first question.

http://www.kilby.tv

Return to posts index

Clint Fleckenstein
on Apr 5, 2010 at 3:34:21 pm

I'm with Ronn. I sent a friend some MXFs despite my gut feeling that I should send him the BPAV. Sure enough, he came back saying he couldn't use them. I burned the BPAV folder and the Sony software apps and sent him on his way. He still had problems with them, and it was going to SD anyway, so I just downconverted the stuff and left it at that. He's on an older Media Composer so we deduced that it was simply not current enough to deal with the footage.

Cf

Return to posts index

Bo Skelmose
on Apr 8, 2010 at 7:08:34 am

Hi
This is something I have had a lot of troubles with too.
I think he must have the newest AVID software to make it work. One of my cliens cannot import my uploaded EX files but when I bring it to them on a SD card - they can. Just like when they import P2 files AVID can recognize the card and file structure - and import the files.
My biggest problem is that AVID cannot recognize P2 (MXF) files when exported from Adobe Premiere.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]