FORUMS: list search recent posts

Looking for a best Video Light for my PMW EX1

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Pushpanatha de Silva
Looking for a best Video Light for my PMW EX1
on Mar 27, 2010 at 11:09:27 am

Hi,
I am looking for a best video light for my EX1 preferably LED light should give light for at least for 2m distance from the Camera. Any ideas and experiences welcome. Prsently I have a chinese made LED light working on 12Vdc battery. It's ltlle bit heavy to manipulate if u r holding the camera when not using a tripod.
Thx.
Pushpa-Australia.

Return to posts index

Emmet Reddy
Re: Looking for a best Video Light for my PMW EX1
on Mar 27, 2010 at 12:15:00 pm

Lite panel mini pro is your best be. expensive but worth the money

Return to posts index

Pushpanatha de Silva
on Mar 27, 2010 at 1:19:28 pm

Hi Emmet, Thx 4 ur input. Do u have a model number and a price u purchased(US$ or A$ or any other currency). I am from Australia. Some people say it's very flimsy..very delicate item for rough handling and the plastic is not so strong enough...what do u think about it??
Thx vm. Pushpa

Return to posts index

jim stamos
on Mar 27, 2010 at 6:46:59 pm

id go with this one. alot brighter and comes with the filter, works off lithium batt or off camera batt also is dimmable. its also alot less in price. the guy that owns the company is great and if you arent happy with it, wont give you a problem in returning it. no hassle and no restocking fee. i went through h.ll returning the light panel. took a call from my lawyer for them to take it back.
good luck
http://www.lacolorshop.com/products/item.asp?id=cm1800

Return to posts index

Ron Pestes
on Mar 28, 2010 at 5:18:37 pm

I use the Lite Panel Micor Pro and love it. Cost was about $450. No problems so far and comes with indoor color gels.

Apple Certified Master Pro FCS 2
Sony EX-3
MacBook Pro

Return to posts index

Brian Walker
on Mar 28, 2010 at 6:54:33 pm

I use the microbeam 128 for my ex-1. It is made out of aluminum, not plastic and works very well! You can stack them if you want(buy two and they mount to each other..

http://www.flolight.com/led-lighting/microbeam-128.html

Thanks in advance!
Brian Walker

Return to posts index

Bruce Quayle
on Apr 19, 2010 at 8:42:53 am

I have recently bought a Dedolight "Ledzilla" for my EX1r. It is an outstanding light for its size, but it is pricey (you did say you were looking for the "best" not "cheapest"). It is very well constructed and will serve you well. It even has barn doors that really work! Spits out a ton of light which is very controllable with a built-'on' diffuser and tungsten gel. Fully dimmable with no change in temperature.
Here is the link if you are interested:
http://www.dedolight.com/www/dedolight/default.php?la=0&pg=00000402030120&i...
Cheers,

Bruce Quayle

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]