FORUMS: list search recent posts

ClipBrowser/Firmware Problem

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Richard Browne
ClipBrowser/Firmware Problem
on Mar 26, 2010 at 12:47:25 pm

Hi folks,

Some help required if you have a moment.

I am having various problems, having got footage onto ProDisc, getting the footage off. Previously I could put the disc in the U1 . I could then use Clipbrowser to drag/drop clips into folders to create Virtual Volumes. All nice and simple (there anyway... don't get me started on Avid, AMA bins and recreating projects!).

Then several things all happened at once:

The office server was upgraded, requiring Avids and Laptop to have registries cleaned, new firewall settings, etc.
We reflashed the U1 as we couldn't previously hold mixed format/ mixed resolution footage on a single disc.
We downloaded latest drivers and installed on Avid machines (don't know why we didn't on laptop, but there you go).

Now we're in a world of hurt. The problems:

Laptop (CB 2.5, Driver: 2.1.0) - when attempting to move clips from ProDisc, the transfer will simply stop after a certain amount of time. Seems to be tied to quantity of data being moved though I can't be sure as it crashed the laptop so I'm unable to ascertain how much or if it's a consistent amount.

Avids (CB2.6, Driver:2.2.1) - when attempting to transfer, CB throws up this error:

Failed to copy the clip.
Reason: The file (folder) is not found. Please refresh information and try the operation again.

It does create meta-data folders for virtual volume, but does not transfer the clip. On clearing the error the U1 is no longer recognised by CB or Windows and becomes inaccessible until disc is ejected and reinserted and we begin this ProDisc tango again.

Questions are 3-fold:
1) Does anyone have any clue what's going on?! All suggestions welcome.
2) Is there anywhere on this Wide Web of the World where I can download previous versions of firmware/drivers as any links I've found point to the Sony Website where they only have up-to-date versions.
3) To quote the Honda cogs advert, "Isn't it nice when everything just works?"

PS I know there are plenty of other ways of doing things, and I'll take on any helpful information. But above is the problem I have, the problem I need to solve and the problem I would really appreciate any responses on.

Kind regards,
Richard

HP xw8400, Avid MC 3.5 Adrenaline HD, Adobe Production Premium CS4, XP Pro, Sony EX-3, Sony DVW-709, Sony DVW-790

"If the eye does not want to see, neither light nor glasses will help."

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]