FORUMS: list search recent posts

XDCAM audio ouput from FCP 6.0.6

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Oh
XDCAM audio ouput from FCP 6.0.6
on Mar 15, 2010 at 9:52:39 pm

I have a FCP sequence set up using the XDCAM HD 1080i60 (35VBR) sequence settings.

I can output two channels of dual mono audio to the PDW-F30 via firewire no problem. But if I want to add two more channels for 4 audio tracks altogether, I can't get it to transfer.

It writes 4 tracks of audio but there is nothing in the 3 and 4 tracks (even when I import it back into FCP and look at the waveform there is nothing there).

Is this something that should be possible ? If it is, does anyone know what I am doing wrong ? Any help appreciated...

Michael

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: XDCAM audio ouput from FCP 6.0.6
on Mar 15, 2010 at 11:41:25 pm

I'm guessing it's not setup for that- but could be...

Noah

Check out my book: RED: The Ultimate Guide to Using the Revolutionary Camera!
Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook, Panasonic HVX200, Canon EOS 5D Mark II and Canon 7D.
Watch Formosa- My indie movie shot with the SDX900 and finished with Final Cut Studio.

Return to posts index

Andy Mees
on Mar 16, 2010 at 8:41:27 am

Check your Sequence Settings and make sure that you have specified that the sequence has 4 Audio Outputs ... then check your track assignments and make sure that you have assigned each of your sequence tracks to the correct audio output.

Hope it helps
Andy

Return to posts index

Michael Oh
on Mar 16, 2010 at 2:12:50 pm

God bless the juicy chess-club brain of Andy Mees - that was exactly it - I've worked with FCP for 10 years now and I did not know that feature existed. (control-click on the lock next to the audio tab and you get a drop-down menu for track output assignment) - or I did know about it and forgot - I _am_ getting old.

Also want to give you props Andy for your guide generator. I love that thing. (that is you right ? again - "old")

Gotta love the cow too.

Thanks !

Mike

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]