FORUMS: list search recent posts

Files on XDCAM Ex SxS pro cards

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gosford Lawrence
Files on XDCAM Ex SxS pro cards
on Mar 12, 2010 at 3:49:32 am

I shot some video on 2 32GB SxS. While shooting a scene, the first card ran out and it continued seamlessly on the second card (but ofcourse it mad 2 video files. Is there any way this file can be rejoined automatically?

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
Re: Files on XDCAM Ex SxS pro cards
on Mar 12, 2010 at 4:22:03 am

Return to posts index

Charles Mercer
on Mar 12, 2010 at 3:49:29 pm

Great post Gosford. I'm getting a new Sony EX3 on Monday and I have to shoot with it on Wednesday. (I'm currently using a Cannon XHA1). Doesn't leave a lot of training time, but things are always like that aren't they? I was going to ask if you knew of any obvious pitfalls with the EX3 - things to avoid getting in trouble with on the first day. It's going to be on the job training, but I've tried to cover most of the angles with extra batteries (Swit) and cards. Be grateful for any quick tips.

Regards
Charles

Charles Mercer
Pearldrop Video Productions

Return to posts index

Don Greening
on Mar 12, 2010 at 8:12:52 pm

Hi Charles,

The EX3 comes from the factory with a bit too much edge detail dialled in which will make the edges of everything too "videoy" looking. Also turn off the "auto knee" setting and manually set the knee to around 80% to start. The auto knee setting doesn't work all that well.

To make these adjustments you'll need to modify one of the picture profiles and when finished activate it so that it appears in the viewfinder as "PP1"

Return to posts index

Jay Gladwell
on Mar 12, 2010 at 9:04:28 pm

Charles, order this DVD set and you'll be an EX3 expert within 3 hours: http://vortexmedia.com/DVD_EX3.html

Return to posts index

Charles Mercer
on Mar 13, 2010 at 10:04:57 am

Thanks for the info - I'll have a look at the CD and Field Guide when I pick up the kit. Might be sensible to grab one or the other in view of the limited time available to learn the tricks. I find manufacturers' manuals useful but arcane in their presentation, and certainly time consuming to plow through. However, you can't beat the maxim ' When all else fails, read the indstructions'.

Regards
Charles

Charles Mercer
Pearldrop Video Productions

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]