FORUMS: list search recent posts

EX1 firmware upgrade problem

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Thomas Vecsei
EX1 firmware upgrade problem
on Mar 11, 2010 at 4:13:49 pm

I've tried to upgrade my EX1 with the new firmware version 1.20 as described in the upgrade-manual. At 12.7% the transfer stopped and - as expected - the camera is dead.

Upgrade was done with MacBook Pro (10.5.8) and EX 1.05. Short after the start of transfer OS X complaint about disconnection an device, but I didn't touch the USB-cable.

20 seconds after powering on the EX1 the display shows XDCAMEX and the tally light are blinking fast. Any further attempt stops after 0.1%

Has anybody else faced problems with the upgrade on a EX1? Easy solution?

Thomas Vecsei
info@eventfilm.at
http://eventfilm.at
http://www.facebook.com/eventfilm

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
Re: EX1 firmware upgrade problem
on Mar 11, 2010 at 4:32:23 pm

I'm adding the link to the PDF for the firmware upgrade because it has troubleshooting list in the back.

612_veruptoolome.pdf.zip

I'm assuming you had a communication error. Apparently you've followed the instructions on this issue but here's what Sony says.

A communication error occurred.
Please switch off the connected device, and repeat the upgrade from the beginning. Push the [OK] button to exit the upgrade tool.

Turn off the power of the PMW-EX1/EX3, and re- connect it to the computer (see page 1).

Return to posts index

Bruce Maniscalco
on Mar 31, 2010 at 7:20:24 pm

No "real" problems here. Using a MacBookPro 10.5.8 and my EX1 with 1.11 installed. I did get the "disconnect" warnings. They freaked me out at first but I noticed they occurred when ever the software was asking me to click a button, YES, OK, etc. When I noticed that pattern I felt like I understood what was going on. I patiently clicked the warnings away and followed the instructions on the screen. In all it took about 20 minutes. When it was done my camera would not turn on. Another jolt of fear when that happened ... when I unplugged the power supply from the camera leaving the battery installed and reinstalling that tiny USB cover to the side of the camera it fired up just fine. One odd thing did happen, I went on a shoot this morning with it. I put in an empty card and got the warning, "media almost full". I checked the card ... it was indeed empty, I formatted the card and all was well. In the past I've had "media almost full" warnings before on cards that still had plenty of room. This may have not been related to the upgrade. My suggestion: If you choose to upgrade ignore the "disconnect" warnings carefully follow the screen instructions and be aware that your camera may not fire up until you disconnect it from the computer return the USB cover and unplug the power supply from the camera.

Return to posts index

Thomas Vecsei
on Mar 15, 2010 at 5:21:39 pm

Status quo:

• Camera definitly is not booting, turning off/on, disconnecting/connection, etc. doesn't work.

• Sony Prime Support makes no firmwareupgrade.

• The local Sony authorized service center told me, that they have similar cases.

• Sony Japan is analyzing the problem - seems I'm not the only one!

• For now there are no known costs for the repair.

So please be careful and read the disclaimer in the upgradetool, Sony gives no warranty!!! Although I'm sure that I exactly followed the steps in the manual. Here again my configuration: MacBookPro (Mid 2009, 10.5.8) and EX1 with FW 1.05

Thomas Vecsei
info@eventfilm.at

Return to posts index

Don Greening
on Mar 15, 2010 at 5:46:39 pm

Thomas,

From what I've read around the web so far it looks like people have had much better success when they used a Windows machine to do the upgrade, rather than a Mac. There seems to be a problem with Sony's Mac upgrade software or the way it interacts with the Mac OS.

So you might try using someone's Windows machine and redo the upgrade on your EX1. At this point you don't have much to lose as your camera isn't working anyway. It's either that or send it into Sony right away and have them do it. It'll probably cost around 100 bucks USD, which was the cost for any firmware upgrade before the online DIY stuff became available.

- Don

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Mar 15, 2010 at 6:07:10 pm

Although I might looking in some of the same places Don is, what I'm seeing is that while most are successful, a few people seem to be doing it correctly, get a camera that doesn't book ("bricked" as some refer to it).

Most commonly people are also getting something akin to a message that it has lost connection to the USB device even though that hasn't happened. Some will ignore it and the results are OK and some NOT OK. Sony's own instructions say to start over again but apparently that's not working.

I've also noted a couple of people stating that simply unzipping (Mac) sometimes results in an upgrade program that doesn't seem to run. I believe they said that using Stuffit resulted in a usable upgrade program.

Return to posts index

Don Greening
on Mar 15, 2010 at 6:13:57 pm

Thanks for adding your info to the mix, Craig. Do you think I'm right in assuming that it might be around the same cost as before to have Sony "un-brick" someone's camera? I guess I could bother my local Sony Zone office and ask them......

- Don

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Mar 15, 2010 at 6:41:57 pm

I hope that would be around the price. I wouldn't be surprised if it's more though. Sony hasn't offered an alternative do DIY.

For me it's about a 30 minute drive to Sony's Park Ridge NJ location or about 10 minutes to a local Sony authorized service center.

Part of the DIY motive though is not to have to wait 3 weeks (plus shipping) for Sony to preform a 30 minute procedure.

It certainly seems that people who are getting "bricked" are following the instructions.

From my own experience I had to have Sony do the firmware upgrade twice during the previous paid upgrade. Obviously they didn't brick the camera but some functions weren't working and they redid the upgrade which resolved those issues.

Basically I don't think Sony's firmware upgrades are foolproof even if followed precisely.

Return to posts index

Don Greening
on Mar 15, 2010 at 8:58:46 pm

[Craig Seeman] "Basically I don't think Sony's firmware upgrades are foolproof even if followed precisely. "

That certainly seems to be the case.

- Don

Return to posts index

Robert Lagerstrom
on Mar 15, 2010 at 10:43:00 pm

The set up procedures on the Sony http://pro.sony.com/bbsc/ssr/micro-xdcamexsite/resource.downloads.bbsccms-a...
site failed to mention the USB connection on the EX-1 is not the USB port you use for file downloads. There is a hidden USB port next to the normal USB port. It is hidden by a tiny black panel. You need high quality precision Phillips screwdriver to remove the screw.

I spent over an hour trying to connect by the normal USB. I finally stumbled on video that revealed the hidden port http://www.vimeo.com/10106072

Return to posts index

Don Greening
on Mar 15, 2010 at 11:03:52 pm

Thanks, Robert, for bringing this news to our attention. I know about the USB Utility Port but was unaware it's not mentioned in the downloadable directions from Sony. This a pretty big omission on Sony's part and I'll add this fact to any future troubleshooting posts in the future.

- Don

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Mar 15, 2010 at 11:16:54 pm

Page two in the directions I have. Complete with picture too.
It says under the connector cover and then shows screenshot with location and screw.

Return to posts index

Don Greening
on Mar 15, 2010 at 11:24:43 pm

Thanks, Craig. I haven't bothered to download the directions like you have, so I'm just taking other people's word for it. I still think, though, when troubleshooting the update that one of the first things we should ask is if they're using the proper USB port.

BTW I downloaded the directions from your provided link.

- Don

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Mar 15, 2010 at 11:41:17 pm

[Don Greening] "I still think, though, when troubleshooting the update that one of the first things we should ask is if they're using the proper USB port. "

And follow that by asking if they've made the sacrifice to the appropriate supreme tech being of their choice.

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Mar 16, 2010 at 2:13:46 am

I'd thought I'd post this link to a blog to an EX3 owner whose camera was bricked.
He first attempted on a mac and the software wouldn't start.
He then attempted on Windows and the software crashed on quit.

http://ninofilm.net/blog/2010/03/16/sony_firmware_fail/

Return to posts index

Don Greening
on Mar 16, 2010 at 5:04:52 am

After reading Nino Leitner's blog I'm wondering if his EX3 can be fixed even at a regular Sony repair facility. Specifically, can a firmware upgrade be done when the camera won't even start up? Doesn't the camera have to be on to do the upgrade? His won't even turn on now.

For the present, I'm recommending that the D.I.Y. upgrades not be used until Sony either researches if the software is indeed "sketchy" or not and (Sony) also comes up with a plan of action in the camera owner's favour to deal with existing upgrade failures that leave cameras useless.

People that own this level of camera are not "hobbyists" and cannot afford to have their tools of the trade rendered useless. Until Sony makes some changes just say "no" to the online upgrades. If you must have the upgrade done then take to Sony and have them do it. Then the responsibility is theirs if they render a camera dead.

- Don

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Mar 27, 2010 at 1:12:55 pm

Although I've posted this elsewhere on the forum, for those following this thread Sony has told me the following on the phone:

If you have EX1 firmware 1.11 and below please do not do this yourself.
Sony will do it for $135 and 5-8 business day turnaround.

As Don mentions, most of us are not hobbyists and personally even the small risk of thousands of dollars on repair and the accompanying downtime are not worth the risk. As a professional I'm not going to complain about $135 for a service that is then warrantied.

Return to posts index

Thomas Vecsei
on Mar 29, 2010 at 5:25:35 pm

Hi Craig,

I'm fully with you, that 135 USD is nothing compared to the costs for the repair (mine is 2.800 USD). But Sony offered the offical DIY-Upgrade after a long time of bring in only-upgrades, so my thought was, that their software must have been thoroughly tested.

But now I know better and event worse I now read about Sony technicans who recommend not to do it yourself for firmware 1.05 or below. Mine was 1.05 ...

From the legal point of view of course Sony has clearly put away all risks with having the customer accept the License Agreement of the Upgradetool, but it's also a matter of fairness - this software has more risks that one could assume.

Thomas Vecsei
info@eventfilm.at

Return to posts index

jay Ryscki
on Jun 16, 2010 at 12:11:05 am

Just went from firmware 1.12 > 1.20 using the application from Sony. This is my set up:

Sony EX-1
MacPro running OSX 10.6.3

Nuances:
Open the app from Sony first. No other app running.
plug in the USB in the proper port on the EX with it is turned off.
Turn on the camera, if it looks like it is operating normally, you don't have a connection
IF it asked you to connect via USB, you don't have a connection
Step through the menu items in the Sony app. Note that you will need to turn the EX on and off about half way through the process.
Red tally light should begin blinking at Restart queue.
Finish the app.
Shut down the EX and disconnect the USB
Turn on the camera and check your firmware by pushing Menu/Select/Cancel and then scrolling down to the "IF" menu.

cheers,
jay

Return to posts index

Andoni Goicochea
on Jul 14, 2010 at 6:25:52 am

YOU ARE A GENIUS. After 2 hours trying to connect the ex1 to my mac i read you post and finally understanded that there was a 2nd usb!!!

THANKS!!!!

Return to posts index

benamir mujanovic
Re: EX1 firmware upgrade problem (finally the camera is back On again)
on Apr 27, 2012 at 5:06:30 pm

Good news.
I tried to upgrade from 1.03 to 1.26 last night using MAC and I got the dead camera at the end. Don't be discouraged, the camera is not dead, it still can communicate with the computer. You just have to find the right firmware. I was able to turn On the camera again, by running 1.10 firmware, after which the camera showed the old 1.03 version. I wasn't able to read any cards, because of the E-13050 error. After that I started a new firmware upgrade using 1.11 firmware file. This can be find online. After that the camera finally showed a new 1.11 version and I was able to use the cards too. The most important thing "DO NOT use the MAC computer for upgrade". Use Windows and be patient. I used small toshiba tablet with WIn7. Trying a couple of times is not going to make the things worst, since you already had a practically dead camera. Now you are going to ask if I am going to upgrade to 1.26. The answer is NO. This will be last update done by me on Sony cameras. And this will be last Sony camera I have ever purchased.

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Apr 27, 2012 at 5:26:44 pm

Keep in mind that for a couple of hundred dollars, Sony will do these upgrades for you. I believe if you're at 1.0.5 or below they recommend that. Newer Sony cameras such as the EX1r make user firmware upgrades much easier.

Return to posts index

benamir mujanovic
on Apr 27, 2012 at 6:29:07 pm

My last post was only for people who already tried to upgrade and got into a problems. If you are just about to upgrade the firmware on your camera, remember DO NOT go straight from anything less than 1.11 to 1.26. and DO NOT use MAC for upgrading.
Just to add a file name for those two upgrades I mentioned in my last post. Remember to do these in order: first> PMW-EX1_1.10_0530.zip,
then > PMW-EX1_1.11_0531.zip

Return to posts index

Thomas Vecsei
on Mar 29, 2010 at 3:11:43 pm

Horrible!

Sony just wrote me, that the repair costs are 2.082 EUR that 2.800 USD!!!!

So everyone out there: Stay away from upgrading your firmware your own, because even when you have done everything correct and you are not to blame you have to pay 2.800 USD!!!!!
I would even dare to say, stay away from Sony !!!

Thomas Vecsei
info@eventfilm.at

Return to posts index

Andy Nickless
on Mar 29, 2010 at 3:57:39 pm

[Thomas Vecsei] "Sony just wrote me, that the repair costs are 2.082 EUR that 2.800 USD!!!!"

That's terrible.
How can they possibly justify that?

[Thomas Vecsei] "I would even dare to say, stay away from Sony !!! "

I wouldn't go so far as to say that. After being a professional product and architecture photographer for years (and, I think knowing how to treat a camera reasonably well) I ventured from Sony to Panasonic when the HVX200 came out.

Bad move.

It cost me a fortune. I sent the camera in for a focus issue and they "found" all sorts of things wrong.

Strangely, everything except the broken battery locating lugs was apparently my fault and I ended up paying an awful lot of money.

Return to posts index

Thomas Vecsei
on Mar 31, 2010 at 12:33:57 pm

update / light on the horizon: Sony Japan is looking for a solution to reset the Firmware on the DPR-board. Now this can be done only in the factory. With a working solution each authorized service center around the globe could then do the reset without exchanging the complete board for 2.800 USD ...

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Mar 31, 2010 at 3:10:23 pm

Thomas, any revised estimate on the repair?
Technically there's no reason Sony couldn't do the above from the "get go" but it seems they put little thought into a "brick" policy beyond the most expensive route. They really should have had this in place or at least stated that such would be in place in the future.

Thomas thank you very much for reporting this and please do keep us informed. Much appreciation.

Return to posts index

Thomas Vecsei
on Mar 31, 2010 at 6:11:28 pm

Hi Craig,

finally I've got the information, that the repair will cost USD 390 (excl. VAT). Tomorrow my EX1 will be on the way to its "place of birth" in Japan. It will take 2-3 weeks ...

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
Sony firmware "brick" repair $390 (US)
on Mar 31, 2010 at 6:27:52 pm

Thomas this is very good news.

If only they'd post this on their website. Of course one hopes their local service centers become equipped to do this as it would speed that turnaround and cut shipping costs.

Now it looks like
DIY and immediate use
$135 5-8 day turnaround at local service center
$390 2-3 week turnaround for Japan repair

This might make DIY firmware upgrade a reasonable risk vs cost of failure.

Once again thanks Thomas for sharing this. I'd love to get confirmation from others who have been through Thomas' trials and tribulations.

Return to posts index

Thomas Vecsei
Re: Sony firmware "brick" repair $390 (US)
on Apr 28, 2010 at 10:04:25 am

So finally my EX1 with V1.20 is back from Japan after nearly one month and works fine.

The EX3 of a colleague here in Vienna/Austria is still over there, it seems that Sony was not able to restore the firmware and has to exchange the complete board.

Thomas Vecsei
info@eventfilm.at

Return to posts index

Bob Mark
on May 27, 2010 at 2:34:52 pm

Here's a video about the upgrade. Seems you need at least 1.11 installed to do it.

Bob

Return to posts index

Bob Mark
on Apr 24, 2011 at 1:58:38 pm

I agree, the update is too risky. I did it once, but no more.

Bob

Return to posts index

David Lavery
on Apr 19, 2011 at 8:49:39 pm

I just received my $2,800 estimate for repair. How do I get them to send it to Japan. I have a backup ex1 and don't mind the wait but the NJ facility is saying they don't know what I'm talking about.

Return to posts index

Chris Cottrell
on Jul 12, 2011 at 4:35:11 pm

Our only issue with the updating on the firmware is Sony's serviceplus site has been undergoing maintanance for going on two weeks. However we were able to get around it by replacing a lens in a unit with the updated firmware already installed we had in stock. Got it outta here same day

http://www.tekmg.com

Return to posts index

David Lavery
on Apr 22, 2011 at 6:33:15 pm

I just received my $2,800 estimate for repair. How do I get them to send it to Japan. I have a backup ex1

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Apr 22, 2011 at 6:37:54 pm

Hopefully Thomas Vecsei will respond and explain how he did it.
I've heard elsewhere that someone else managed it too.
I think if you push the issue, tell Sony Service that you'd like to send it directly to Sony Service Japan, they may give you those instructions. They may not offer it otherwise.
Alternately maybe Ian Cook, who is connected to Sony on this forum, may (or may not) be at liberty to explain how to get service from Sony Japan.
The other possibility is that given the current circumstances in Japan, maybe they can't offer to do this for the time being.

Return to posts index

David Lavery
on Apr 22, 2011 at 6:54:47 pm

I just got off the phone with The NJ repair center and they are looking into it. (and being very nice about it) But thank god for these posts because every time they say no they can't help, I forward them a link and push back so hopefully Thomas is out there and can shed some light. I'd love to fix the bullet hole I put in my firmware foot.

d

Return to posts index

Thomas Vecsei
on Apr 24, 2011 at 8:18:03 pm

Hi Craig,

it was 1 year ago when I brought my EX1 to my local Sony Service Center (http://www.avms.at) here in Vienna (Austria). They shocked me with huge costs for changing the DPR-board. After contacting Sony Austria bosses, they proposed to send the cam to Sony Japan where they produce the EX1's. They said, that they found a solution there to restore the firmware on my DPR-board. I agreed and luckly my EX1 returned after about 2 months. As far as I know my cam was one of the first with "bricked" firmware there.

My EX1 was shipped to Japan by the Sony Service Center mentioned above, so I don't know any address over there in Japan.

Thomas Vecsei

waiting for my EPIC times ...

t.vecsei@eventfilm.at

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Apr 25, 2011 at 3:28:12 pm

Thanks so much for posting this Thomas. It least one knows that local service would seem to have to be the local advocate for getting this done.

Return to posts index

emilio bianco
Re: EX1 firmware update problem
on Jun 4, 2011 at 9:21:51 pm

EX1 firmware 1.25 stuck car care Sony € 2400 per card exchange !!!

Return to posts index

Bob Mark
on Aug 14, 2011 at 5:09:36 pm

Has anything changed in regard to firmware updates? Is it still too risky to try yourself? I'm still on 1.11 and want to use class 10 sdhc cards. Thanks.

Bob

Return to posts index

Bob Mark
on Aug 15, 2011 at 9:01:46 pm

Is version 1.12 after 1.11 or is it 1.2? Thanks

Bob

Return to posts index

wil cruz
on Oct 21, 2010 at 5:23:32 pm

I lost my firmware, who can I contact to ship my unit to Japan I have the XDCAM E1 PMWEX1

please call me anyone
347-470-0004
wilfredo@expedi.com

Return to posts index

Julian Masters
on Aug 9, 2011 at 12:49:37 pm

I've upgraded several EX1 cameras up to the latest version (available at the time) with no problems. I do it incrementally as advised by my local Sony dept.
However I've just got one come in that was on V1.02.
I upgraded it to 1.05, with no problem, but when I tried upping it to 1.11 it eventually comes up with "Failed to update". It started up afterwards, but with an error number at the top of screen.
It still connected via usb, and I downgraded back to 1.05
I also tried upgrading to 1.12, but that aborted around 88%. That then got stuck displaying EXCAM on start up, but I managed again to put it back to 1.05, where I've left it.
Has anyone else had a similar problem ?

Return to posts index

Bob Mark
on Aug 16, 2011 at 2:17:07 pm

Where did you find v. 1.12? I can only find 1.2 (Sony Canada).
The US site is still inactive.

Bob

Return to posts index

Julian Masters
on Aug 21, 2011 at 10:34:14 pm

I got it from a Sony service centre here in the UK.
I also had a v1.10, but on every EX1 I've tried that on it finishes the upgrade in about 2 minutes but never actually performs an upgrade !?!

Return to posts index

Bob Mark
on Aug 22, 2011 at 2:24:29 pm

I spoke with Sony Pro Products Support on Fri. They told me if you are on v. 1.11 you can directly upgrade to the latest version, no need to install in increments. Of course YMMV. Make sure you have you computer on UPS back up. I heard a loud boom this morning and my power went out for 2 hr.!! Still trying to decide whether to try it myself. Not having the camera for two weeks or more is a long time.

How much is Sony charging to do this now? Macie Video will do it for $165.00

Bob

Return to posts index

Julian Masters
on Aug 23, 2011 at 11:55:38 am

I'm doing a firmware upgrade now as I type.
It was on 1.02, so I went to 1.05 with no problem.
I then tried 1.11 and although the software said it upgraded the camera wouldn't boot up. It went to the xdcam display in media mode though, without going any further. (I had a similar issue with a different camera last week).
It still connected via usb so I then downgraded to 1.05.
In the past I've had problems with 1.10. It upgrades very quickly (a couple of minutes) but stays on the previous firmware version. It's only after trying it that I remember it doesn't work.
So I thought maybe it upgrades something else without upgrading the firmware version.
I've just tried the camera again with 1.10, and it did as expected (i.e. stayed in 1.05), but when I tried 1.11 again it has upgraded. (It may just be a coincidence though).
I then did 1.12, 1.14, 1.20, 1.25 and finally 1.26.
I skip 1.13 as there are two different versions (one is for "an old version board" .. which/whatever board that is).
I'll keep on upgrading incrementally as it has worked before (so far!).
I also upgrade using a laptop and also have a battery fitted to the camera so hopefully if there is a power outage it will continue the upgrade.

Return to posts index

Bob Mark
on Aug 23, 2011 at 12:29:12 pm

I'm glad you got it to update. Where are you getting all of the versions of firmware? It's interesting that one Sony rep told you to do it incrementally and another one told me that was unnecessary.

Bob

Return to posts index

Julian Masters
on Aug 23, 2011 at 1:07:17 pm

Sony UK were a bit "vague" about how to upgrade, and when I mentioned that our cameras are sourced from the US they were even less sure.
I got the firmware from a Sony service centre that we buy kit from, and they said to upgrade it incrementally.
I'm just doing another camera now that was on 1.05, and that didn't like going straight to 1.11. So I'm about to downgrade and up it to 1.10. Hopefully !

Return to posts index

Bob Mark
on Aug 23, 2011 at 3:21:00 pm

Please keep me posted on your progress. Sony gave me a link to their FTP site for the firmware, but they didn't give me the ID and password and it didn't accept anonymous login. The US site isn't working right now and the alternate site for the software has a broken link, so you can't get to the firmware. ERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.....

Bob

Return to posts index

Julian Masters
on Aug 27, 2011 at 4:17:23 pm

I've done a couple more over the last few days, and as long as I do the 1.10 update it all goes without a hitch.

The reason that I've had to do so many upgrades is that we've just bought some Sony PMW500 cameras and there were issues when swapping cards between the two.

Return to posts index

Bob Mark
on Aug 29, 2011 at 12:07:48 am

I'm tempted to try it. I'm on 1.11 now. I hate sending the camera out for an extended time, but if it freezes up then I'm in big trouble. I can't find a working link for the latest version of the firmware.

Bob

Return to posts index

Julian Masters
on Aug 29, 2011 at 7:52:53 am

I got my latest firmware from the sony.uk site (http://www.sony.co.uk/biz/hub/name/home).
I think you can get to if by selecting professional products from the sony.co.uk site. You also have to register to download.
Searching through their software/drivers for the EX1 it shows the 1.20, 1.25 and 1.26 versions. However, the 1.20 links to a "later" version of 1.25, and the 1.25 and 1.26 both seem to link to the 1.26 version.

Return to posts index

Bob Mark
on Aug 29, 2011 at 2:03:43 pm

Thanks for the info. I looked at that site, but there was no option to register from the USA.

Bob

Return to posts index

Bob Mark
on Aug 31, 2011 at 8:39:27 pm

I just spoke with Sony Pro Service and they said if you don't have v. 1.13 installed that it needs to be sent in.

Bob

Return to posts index

Rasmus Sievert
on Feb 6, 2012 at 1:45:52 pm

Hello Julian,
hello forum,

hope you are able to read this after half a year after your post...

My firmware upgrade failed (1.05 -> 1.26), now I want to downgrade the firmware to 1.05 again.
But I dont find it anywhere, someone can help me?

The sony service only talks about replacing the DPR board, but if I have to spent 2000 Euro anyway,
I'd like to give a downgrade a try!

Someone might help me?

Reward if successful!

Thanx a lot,

Rasmus

rassel73@yahoo.de

Return to posts index

Kevin Dennis
on Nov 4, 2011 at 4:37:11 pm

See link below...
http://supportdocs.sonybiz.net/indexes/pi/EB/Aug_2011/00045933.pdf

Return to posts index

Bob Mark
on Nov 4, 2011 at 4:43:46 pm

Thanks for the link. I'm on v. 1.11 and will be sending it in for the update. Thx.

Bob

Return to posts index

Kevin Dennis
on Nov 4, 2011 at 4:45:21 pm

Follow at your own risk!!!

http://supportdocs.sonybiz.net/indexes/pi/EB/Sep_2011/00045982.pdf

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]