FORUMS: list search recent posts

DOF adaptor

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andy Morin
DOF adaptor
on Mar 10, 2010 at 12:32:13 pm

I'm looking for a recommendation towards a good DOF adaptor for the EX1R, I would be looking to spend around 2k for the whole setup...just curious if anyone had input on the subject.

Also another question in general. I purchased the EX1R about 2 weeks ago tomorrow and I'm having some troubled thoughts about RED releasing the Scarlet this summer. I feel like the value of my EX1R is going to drop out. But possibly some of these DOF adaptors will too. Should i wait to purchase?

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: DOF adaptor
on Mar 10, 2010 at 3:33:51 pm

Yeah I'd wait- it seems kinda pointless to get a DOF adapter in 2010. I mean you have a host of cameras available that accept 35mm lenses without one- like the RED but also the much less expensive Canon 5D, 7D and now even T2i. Scarlet is a ways away- I doubt very much it will be available in quantity before Fall sometime, maybe even into 2011. As to whether the EX1r will drop in value when the Scarlet finally arrives- that's anybody's guess. It's still a solid camera one way or the other.

If you have $2K to spend and you want that shallow DOF look, keep your Sony as is- buy a Canon T2i and a couple of nice prime lenses and a zoom. That alone will cost you less than some of the lower end DOF adapters for the Sony. You'll get all the wonderful shallow footage you need on your b-camera and you can shoot everything else on the EX1.

Noah

Check out my book: RED: The Ultimate Guide to Using the Revolutionary Camera!
Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook, Panasonic HVX200, Canon EOS 5D Mark II and Canon 7D.
Watch Formosa- My indie movie shot with the SDX900 and finished with Final Cut Studio.

Return to posts index

Aaron Leong
on Mar 10, 2010 at 4:32:43 pm

Hi Andy,

I just got the Redrock M2 Encore, which is cheaper than the Letus Extreme or Ultimatte its also cheaper than the Brevis 35 (full setup) . . . Phillip Bloom reviews this and has many good things to say about it including that it addresses the edge to edge sharpness and vignetting issues that some of the others do not.

I was just on a pilot using my setup plus a couple Zeiss/Nikon primes . . . the results were VERY nice!!!

Here is a little video I did the day I got the adapter. The lens I used for this was the Zeiss/Nikon 100mm f/2.

much luck in your research!!!

~aaron

Return to posts index

Andy Morin
on Mar 10, 2010 at 5:32:12 pm

Thanks for the input guys, definitely a decision between the 2 options here.

Return to posts index

OSCAR DARIO JIMENEZ ESCRUCERIA
Re: Dof adapter
on Mar 23, 2010 at 1:30:08 am

Hi.
I'm from Colombia and buying out the XDCAM EX3 with Letus kit elite and its optical.
I have a question?
Where can I get more information from the saddle letus elite.
Why can not I record with her in veocidades tions or shutter angle that I see the movement of this.
To speed or shutter angle can work?
Thanks

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]