FORUMS: list search recent posts

Help!!! BPAV files not picked up by XDCAM transfer

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dan Adams
Help!!! BPAV files not picked up by XDCAM transfer
on Mar 8, 2010 at 11:13:50 pm

Okay this is a strange one - I shall describe the steps as they happened. Hopefully somebody can help me.

* Edited a vid sequence in FCP.

* Tried to import more footage from XDCAM Transfer into FCP but got hard disk full notice.

* I moved the source files on to an external hard disk.

* I went to try and reconnect the edited sequence to the source files (all the clip icons in FCP had a red strike through them)

* Final cut crashed on me.

* I wasn't too annoyed because I planned on starting the sequence from scratch anyway, so dropped the idea of reconnecting. Then took time to take all the source BPAV files and put them in one folder thinking when I re-import all I need to do in point XDCAM Transfer at that one file and then hit 'Add' source. (the footage had all be shot at different times so had been pulled of the SXS cards disparately and was in stupidly named files.)

* Problem is here. XDCAM Transfer won't do it. You select the new main file on the external disk and then click add and a loading progress bar drops down the springs back up and that's it.

* So not only does my first sequence not work, but I can't start a new one because I can't import the original vid files.

Any help would be most welcome!

Notes:
Camera EX1
FCP

Return to posts index

Don Greening
Re: Help!!! BPAV files not picked up by XDCAM transfer
on Mar 9, 2010 at 5:12:04 am

Rule #1: Every BPAV folder name must be unaltered as well as each folder's contents.
Rule #2: Every BPAV folder must reside in a separate parent folder with a unique user-defined name.

Then you click the "add" button and as soon as you navigate to one of your user- named folder the program will "see" the BPAV folder inside and will display all the clip thumbnails from that folder. Do this for each of your BPAV folders each one will have it's clip contents displayed as thumbnails in the main XDCAM Transfer window.

- Don

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]