FORUMS: list search recent posts

lens for ex3

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
eldrin flores
lens for ex3
on Mar 8, 2010 at 6:13:56 am

Im trying to find a good lens to replace the stock lens of ex3. Can the Fujinon S13x4.6RMS 1/2" CCD lens work on ex3?

Return to posts index

Derek Reich
Re: lens for ex3
on Mar 8, 2010 at 3:58:46 pm

I'm sure you will be able to use this lens on your EX3 (with the 1/2" adapter that comes with it) but, why would you want to? The stock Fuji lens which came with the EX3 is a decent enough lens, probably about the same quality as the one you linked to (maybe even better) AND has IS. Are you looking for more telephoto?
I would look into some good 35mm Nikkor options for that. You can pick up a decent used Nikkor lens cheap and the adatpers from MTF or Adaptimax are only a couple hundred bucks.

Return to posts index

Roddy Jamieson
on Mar 8, 2010 at 9:42:59 pm

Why downgrade to a Standard def lens? Although cheap the fitted lens is really excellent. Also the angle of view is much tighter on your suggested lens.

Roddy Jamieson

Return to posts index

eldrin flores
on Mar 9, 2010 at 5:04:19 am

Thanks for the reply guys.

Yeah youre right, the lens from fujinon is a wrong choice.

Yes, I want a telephoto lens longer that the stock lens of ex3. I saw some lens that says 1/2" CCD, wouldnt that affect the ex3 since its CMOS? And what do they meant when they say that iris and zoom are motorized?

Return to posts index

Don Greening
on Mar 9, 2010 at 5:21:44 am

[eldrin flores] " And what do they meant when they say that iris and zoom are motorized?
"

It means that the lens has a power zoom and power iris, meaning you don't have to twist things manually if you don't want to. I can't comment on whether you can use a lens designed for a CCD camera on a CMOS camera because I don't know. My gut feeling though, is that you can.

- Don

Return to posts index

Steve Wargo
on Mar 9, 2010 at 6:08:34 am

There is no difference between a ccd and cmos, If anything, get an adapter and go to a 2/3" lens. You get better glass, probably more zoom and they're larger and let in more light. You'll be able to rent 36x or 44x sports lenses when you need to. 1/2" lenses are marginal in comparison.

Steve Wargo
Tempe, Arizona
It's a dry heat!

Sony HDCAM F-900 & HDW-2000/1 deck
5 Final Cut (not quite PRO) systems
Sony HVR-M25 HDV deck
2-Sony EX-1 HD .

Ask me how to Market Yourself using Send Out Cards

Return to posts index

eldrin flores
on Mar 9, 2010 at 6:25:19 am