FORUMS: list search recent posts

Panasonic HPX-3000, Panasonic 500 P2, XDCAM - Compatible?

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Olly Lawer
Panasonic HPX-3000, Panasonic 500 P2, XDCAM - Compatible?
on Mar 7, 2010 at 2:11:00 pm

Hi,

I will be shooting a factory in the next few weeks and will be hiring out a steadicam and operator.

As I will be using a EX1, my original preference was to have the second camera as a PDW 700, so the workflow would be nice and simple.

However, some of the steadicam operators I have approached, wish to use either a Panasonic 500 P2 or Panasonic HPX-3000. Which one of these would work best with XDCAM footage and is there an additional workflow I need to consider.

Output will be web H.264 and DVD.

Kind regards,

Olly Lawer

Return to posts index

Alister Chapman
Re: Panasonic HPX-3000, Panasonic 500 P2, XDCAM - Compatible?
on Mar 7, 2010 at 2:27:41 pm

Well the colorimetry will be different for a start so you will need to do some grading to get the pictures to match. The HPX-3000 would be the only one I would accept, the 500 is a 720P camera. Having said that if your output is SD then the difference in resolution probably won't show. If you shoot 1080 just remember that DVCPRO-HD and AVC-I 100 eats through cards at 1Gb per minute, 720P is not nearly so bad. So make sure you have lots of P2 cards.

Any workflow implications will depend on your NLE, Avid and FCP will be able to mix and match.

Alister Chapman
http://www.xdcam-user.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]