FORUMS: list search recent posts

XD Cam BPAV issues [No Clips] showing

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dan Wilkinson
XD Cam BPAV issues [No Clips] showing
on Mar 5, 2010 at 12:30:26 pm

Hi,

I've just finished a 2 day shoot and we've been using 2x XDcam EX-1's to shoot with. Throughout the shoot we were dumping the footage onto a hard drive and wiping the cards as we went along.

All the cards work apart from one with is saying that there are no clips on the card, I've checked the folder and it is showing the individual clip folders with the [.mp4, .smi, .ppn, .xml and .bim] data but when I try and import the folder into the XDcam transfer it says there are no clips.

I've also noticed that the CUEUP.XML and MEDIAPRO.XML files are missing from this card and the TAKR folder isn't present either.

Is there an alternate solution to exporting the videos separately without the XD cam transfer software?

Any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks

Return to posts index

Clint Fleckenstein
Re: XD Cam BPAV issues [No Clips] showing
on Mar 5, 2010 at 3:37:16 pm

I don't know the particulars since I haven't had to work my way through such a rescue, but I've read here on the forum that you can either repair this folder or gather the clips to a new folder using the Clip Browser. Maybe someone with the experience can point you to a more specific process within the app, or you can start experimenting with it yourself.

Make sure you download the latest Clip Browser version from Sony. It wasn't always capable of this sort of thing.

Cf

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Mar 5, 2010 at 6:21:24 pm

Always use ClipBrowser with CRC on when dumping cards. Not doing that may lead to various issues.

Return to posts index

Alister Chapman
on Mar 6, 2010 at 3:36:21 pm

If the MP4 files are in the CLPR sub folders you can use Clip Browser to import them into a new BPAV folder.

From within Clip Browser create a new folder and then right click within the new folder and choose "import". Navigate to the sub folder within the CLPR folder, select the MP4 and import it. A new BPAV folder will be created with the folder you made and the correct file structure created.

Alister Chapman
http://www.xdcam-user.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]