FORUMS: list search recent posts

Editing in FCP, how to online, best export methods ???

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
zoe west
Editing in FCP, how to online, best export methods ???
on Mar 3, 2010 at 3:10:57 pm

Hi Everyone

I am new to the XDCAM FCP workflow, having previously only used film, steinbecks and Avid. I have started editing a project in FCP and all seems to be going well, I have imported all the footage as per the XDCAM guidelines and have not experienced any problems so far. However, I just wanted to check what the best method would be for doing the online? can i do it all in FCP?

For screenings i am planning on exporting QT's and burning to DVD- does this sound like a good idea? if so what codecs offer the best resoloution? ProRes? and finally whats the best way to export for the grade? any suggestions, advice will be gratefully received.

I am editing mainly using a MacBook and an iMac

thank you :)
Z

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Editing in FCP, how to online, best export methods ???
on Mar 4, 2010 at 1:00:40 am

There is no 'online' it's XDCAM EX footage- you're cutting at the best possible resolution/quality it can be already. Just send your finished timeline directly to Compressor for your various outputs.

Noah

Check out my book: RED: The Ultimate Guide to Using the Revolutionary Camera!
Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook, Panasonic HVX200, Canon EOS 5D Mark II and Canon 7D.
Watch Formosa- My indie movie shot with the SDX900 and finished with Final Cut Studio.

Return to posts index

Tim Allison
on Mar 5, 2010 at 5:58:13 pm

I'm still a bit fuzzy on what you are trying to do. If you imported the video correctly, and if you set up your Final Cut timeline correctly, then you are already editing the XDCAM video in as high of quality as is possible. At least I'm not aware of anything you can do to make it "better."

What is your final end product? Blu-Ray? DVD? Plain HD video?

Return to posts index

zoe west
on Mar 7, 2010 at 2:07:16 pm

Thanks Noah and Tim, thats what i thought, i just needed confirmation, so thank you.

The final out put will be both DVD and HD Video.

Zoe

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]