FORUMS: list search recent posts

Lenses Question

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
joseph wilkins
Lenses Question
on Mar 1, 2010 at 12:56:27 am

Hello,

I currently own a sony EX1 with a redrock lens adaptor, a Canon 5D MK II and am anxiously awaiting the RED Scarlett S35 with removable lens capability.

I am about to lay out a chunk of change on 3-4 lenses and have been looking at either Canon or Zeiss lenses. I want to use these lenses with all 3 cameras ( EX1, MK II and Scarlett)

I am getting 20mm, 35mm, 50mm and 85mm... all Prime lenses... no zooms.

With Canon I'll be paying around $1600 for these lenses... with Zeiss it is more like $4,000. While I can afford the $4k, I want to know if anyone thinks this is worth it... or if there is another brand I should consider in the sub $5k budget.

Thanks

Return to posts index

Michael Palmer
Re: Lenses Question
on Mar 1, 2010 at 2:51:32 am

I was blessed to use the Zeiss lenses (courtesy of Red Rock Micro) on 2 music videos I shot and they simply are the best solution for the Encore Lens adapter system. It's an industry standard to purchase the best glass possible and hang on to it, as it never depreciates over time.

I'm not really sure you will ever need the Red Scarlet should you purchase the Encore and the Zeiss lenses. Unless you are set on a film out you won't really need it.

Kate Earl-Melody
http://kateearl.com/

Sara Bee- Driving Me Stupid
xx

Good Luck
Michael Palmer

Return to posts index

Mick Haensler
on Mar 2, 2010 at 2:08:41 pm

Ditto on the Zeiss glass. Get the fastest you can afford too.

On a different note, Michael, why is the chick in the video playing a B3 when there's no B3 in the mix? The banjo in the beginning?? What's that all about?? The image quality is great though, excellent color grading as well...

Mick Haensler
Higher Ground Media

Return to posts index

Daniel Startek
on Mar 2, 2010 at 5:49:35 pm

And playing chords on the upper manual/melody on the lower and pedalboard in high heels! What's up with that! But the B3 is very sexy. I couldn't take my eyes off of it.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]