FORUMS: list search recent posts

Access PDW-1500 XDCAM via Ethernet from Mac?

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Cavanagh
Access PDW-1500 XDCAM via Ethernet from Mac?
on Feb 23, 2010 at 1:53:29 pm

Hello everyone,

I have a mac using Snow Leopard and FCP and im trying to figure out how to access our Sony XDCAM PDW-1500 via a Ethernet connection. I have setup the Deck with an IP address which i can ping. I can even access the web interface from the FCP computer. However, Im at a loss as to how to actually connect to the Deck via either (FTP), FCP or the XDCAM Transfer Tool (currently using version 2.10.0) Do I require additional software for this such as Flip for Mac XDCAM or is there additional software provided by Sony to do this?

I would really appreciate a heads up on this one, after reading lots of blogs it seems to me like im the only one on the planet that dose not know how to do this, as the simple how to connect part of the conversation seems to always be skipped.

thanks in advance

Mike

Return to posts index

Michael Cavanagh
Re: Access PDW-1500 XDCAM via Ethernet from Mac?
on Mar 18, 2010 at 2:25:03 pm

Well I worked it out anyway, in the end my workflow now looks like this.

I connect to the PDW-1500 via a FTP application (FileZilla) and copy the cilps to a Local Folder on the MAC naming the local folder on the mac with the desired reel name. i then open XDCAM Transfer and import the Footage from the local folder directly into FCP.

In this process i tried connecting to the PDW-1500 via the Connect in Finder then connecting to the map with XDCAM Transfer.. this did not work

I also tried Net drives such as WebDrive this worked but was very slow.

I also tried Flip4Mac XDCAM, this also worked but cost $499. so far the FTP FileZilla work flow although a little time consuming ended up being the fastest and cheapest way for me to get the data of the PDW-1500.

Hopefully someone will find this and save them the pain that i went though

Mike

Return to posts index

Mihail Zalyhalin
on Oct 20, 2010 at 2:24:18 pm

Sorry for my english.
I used mu commander to connect pdw-1500 via ethernet to my mac.
Also the is fireftp for FireFox.

Return to posts index

Akhtar Khuroo
on Jun 26, 2013 at 12:16:55 pm

What to write in the host is it pdw1500

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]