FORUMS: list search recent posts

Live Event Interference - PHU-60

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kevin Knutson
Live Event Interference - PHU-60
on Feb 22, 2010 at 8:44:26 pm

This last weekend, I was hired to run a two camera setup at a live concert (medium sized venue). The theatre is kind of old, and the power grid setup was a nightmare.

Basic setup was two SONY EX3s feeding to an HD switcher, live switching between CUs of band members, sent to 6 screens mounted on an overhead truss. I'm not much of an electrician, but it would seem there was interference coming from every direction of the venue. The TVs had uniform cloudy streaks, and speakers were buzzing like pissed off bees.

Anyway, one of the EX3s was recording to a PHU-60 (60gb) and the other to two 32gb SxS. Cameras were running on power, and the HDD unit on battery (full ponies). The HDD would record for about 1:30 then stop, and ask to be restored. Did this 8 times before we just switched to a bunch of 8gb SxS. The HDD seems to be just fine now.

I just want to know for future knowledge, could a nasty room of electrical interference tweak my HDD like this? I've never run into this kind of thing before, and would prefer to avoid it in the future.

K

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]