FORUMS: list search recent posts

xdcam vs hvr-z1 component out for greenscreen

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Philip Van Dyck
xdcam vs hvr-z1 component out for greenscreen
on Feb 22, 2010 at 11:27:24 am

Hi

I have a client that needs some interviews on a green screen.

I could rent a ex1 for the shoot or use the hvr-z1 with component out that is hooked up to the intensity pro direct capture in fcp.

So here are my questions:

Does the component out of the z1 export a progressive image at 422 (HD mode) ?

Or is it easier to film green screen on location with ex1 that records on to sxs cards.

The video will be shown on an event in a movie theater (kinepolis). So I need to make sure the keying is done propperly.

My concern for the xdcam ex1 is that it would record the image at 420.
And for the Z1 my concern is that the image would be interlaced and harder to key.

thanks in advance

Philip

Return to posts index

Will Salley
Re: xdcam vs hvr-z1 component out for greenscreen
on Feb 22, 2010 at 3:18:41 pm

[Philip Van Dyck] "Does the component out of the z1 export a progressive image at 422 (HD mode) ? "

The Z1 component out is analog HD & interlaced, so it can be recorded 4:2:2, however, the imager is smaller than the EX1, so you have less info. The same analog component out of the EX1 has more resolution and would be superior. The in-camera recording of the EX1 is keyable, but probably not as easily as the component/direct method.

Do some test prior to your shoot and let us know. You could shoot to SxS and direct to FCP at the same time.

Mac Pro 2x2.8 Quadcore - 10.6.2 - QT 7.6.3 - 22 GB RAM - nvidia8800GT - SATA internal & external storage - Blackmagic Multibridge Pro - Open GL 1.5.10 - Wacom Intous2 tablet - AJA io
SONY XDCAM EX3 - Letus Elite

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
on Feb 22, 2010 at 4:42:39 pm

And If you want to make a CK "10" rent the EX-1/3 with the Nano-Flash.
Rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

Philip Van Dyck
on Feb 22, 2010 at 7:04:40 pm

Thanks for the fast response.

I think I will go for the xdcam ex1 --> hdmi --> intensity pro option.

Wich codec would be best ?
prores 422 HQ 1920x1080 ?

It would be best that the codec will alow me to render the video fast.
Keying would be done in AE cs4 (using key light).
Or would the quality of the image (good lighting of screen and subject) allow me to use keying in fcp?

my system specs:
Macpro 1.1
2x3Ghz xeon (quad)
11 GB Ram

Philip

Return to posts index

Will Salley
on Feb 22, 2010 at 7:24:27 pm

Pro Res HQ is best.

Your system should easily handle the key although Keylight will give you more control. If the video to be keyed is short, say under 5 minutes or if you plan on adding other layers and effects, I would go the AE/Keylight route, otherwise it's realtime. I take it a little further and shoot with the camera 90 degrees with the frame vertical when it's a single stand-up. That will optimize the frame and get you the best key. Obviously, it will need to be rotated in AE during the key.

If you really want to simplify, go with Rafael's suggestion and rent a Nanoflash or a KiPro...but straight into FCP via the Intensity Pro on HDMI will work. Bear in mind your timecode with not transfer from camera but you may not need it.

Mac Pro 2x2.8 Quadcore - 10.6.2 - QT 7.6.3 - 22 GB RAM - nvidia8800GT - SATA internal & external storage - Blackmagic Multibridge Pro - Open GL 1.5.10 - Wacom Intous2 tablet - AJA io
SONY XDCAM EX3 - Letus Elite

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]