FORUMS: list search recent posts

Problem Loading SXS Driver: Macbook Pro

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bill Paris
Problem Loading SXS Driver: Macbook Pro
on Feb 20, 2010 at 8:46:38 pm

I'm having a problem downloading the driver for the SXS cards on my Macbook Pro. Ultimately I want to use the express card slot to load SXS-1 cards.

The problem: When I try to download the latest driver from the DMG file (from Sony CD that came with the PMW-350 and the version from the Sony site) I get the following message:

THERE IS A PROBLEM WITH THE EXPANSION DESTINATION
The volume"Sony,SXS Driver Etc....." is on a locked volume, please select another destination.

At that point a finder window opens...... I select a folder..... hit OK..... another message come up:

An error occurred attempting to expand /Volumes/SxS_Device_Driver_v1045050/SxS Device Driver Installer.pkg

A folder was specified when a file was required (Error #17530)

I've gone to the finder... selected the hard drive ...... hit "Command I" and tried to unlock the hard drive, but the same problem occurs.

I've searched the forums for someone with a similar problem with no luck.....

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Bill Paris

Bill Paris
Producer/Director of Photography
Crew Hawaii Television
http://www.crewhawaii.com

Return to posts index

olof ekbergh
Re: Problem Loading SXS Driver: Macbook Pro
on Feb 21, 2010 at 3:34:09 am

I would repair permissions.

And then create a new account, an admin acc.

Then log in with new account, try the install.

If this does not work. Run Disc warrior.

If all this fails you may have to reinstall everything after formatting you drive.

Back up all important files first. Hopefully you already have a current backup of everything. If not now is the time. Don't forget all your mail and internet prefs and folders.

Olof Ekbergh

Return to posts index

Tom Laughlin
on Feb 22, 2010 at 4:52:52 pm

There are a few older versions and newer versions of this software on several Sony software support websites, and it may take a few trial and installs, before things start to work. I know I've done this in the past, and I also think that with Snow Leopard on my Mac, I had to find a few work-arounds with loading it. Snow Leopard, from some of the posts I've read, everyone has some problems with the thumbnails loading, so if previewing thumbnails is not important, then you should be ok. But avoid upgrading to Snow kitty, unless it is needed. Just my 2 cents.

Tom Laughlin
Producer/Editor
Salt Lake City, UT
FCS3/Sony EX-3/Mac Intel

Return to posts index

Bill Paris
on Feb 23, 2010 at 2:14:35 am

Thanks guys..... I'm still getting the messages after repairing permissions and trying to use the latest versions.... I'll try Disk Warrior next. .

Bill

Bill Paris
Crew Hawaii Television

Return to posts index

olof ekbergh
on Feb 23, 2010 at 1:38:14 pm

If you get totally stuck. And Disc Warrior does not help.
You can give me a call, may be able to help you over the phone.

Email me and I will send you my p#.
olof@westsideav.com

Olof Ekbergh

Return to posts index

Bill Paris
on Feb 23, 2010 at 7:33:49 pm

Olof and Tom,

Thanks for your replies and offers to help! I did run Disk Warrior and a ton of other things and the problem continued..... until last night when I stumbled across a fix. I tried to install the drivers and clip viewer on my G5 and had no problem. I did notice that after the DMG launched the image in finder was a illustration of a box, while the image on my laptop was a blank looking document. I captured the images to share with you guys and low and behold when I placed the blank image on my desktop, it changed into the illustrated package and worked like a charm! Not sure what was going on there?

Thanks for your help! I still have a couple of kinks to work out to get it to work with and without FCP, hopefully not another post!

Thanks again.

Bill Paris
Crew Hawaii Television

Bill Paris
Crew Hawaii Television

Return to posts index

Ed Kukla
on Feb 24, 2010 at 11:47:16 am

this was with windows vista right? You must be mistaken when you said mac. Can't be such a strange & difficult problem; it's a mac.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]