FORUMS: list search recent posts

sony Xdcam transfer problems

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Stuart Guthrie
sony Xdcam transfer problems
on Feb 20, 2010 at 12:54:56 am

The clip thumbnail could not be saved to the cache as it was an unrecognised format.

THIS POPS UP EVERY TIME BEFORE I CAN TRANSFER? ANY IDEAS?

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
Re: sony Xdcam transfer problems
on Feb 20, 2010 at 1:05:39 am

I hold the crystal ball to my head and I see a Mac with Snow Leopard and a version of XDCAM Transfer with a number lower than 2.11.

Update XDCAM Transfer to 2.11.

Please always provide all the information about computer, OS and software versions used since not everyone here has access to my crystal ball.

Return to posts index

Stuart Guthrie
on Feb 20, 2010 at 1:09:29 am

thanks for your response. I'm using 2.9.0 and I will update right now. I have some real issue with SMI clips and they wont transfer, this 2.9.0 not working well. Driving me crazy. I'll try to switch over to 2.11 thanks

In Christ,

Stuart Guthrie

Return to posts index

Stuart Guthrie
on Feb 20, 2010 at 1:29:18 am

Thanks man that did the trick upgrading to 2.11 , do you know anything about SMI files and U01.SMI "Incomplete" I followed the tutorial on selecting all the files at once, but the incomplete just doesn't want to seem to jump on board. I'm waiting on it to download now, maybe it will do something..

In Christ,

Stuart Guthrie

Return to posts index

Don Greening
on Feb 20, 2010 at 5:21:29 am

Any clip that is labeled "incomplete" even when all the clips from the memory card are listed usually means that your clip spans more than one card. You have to have all the clips from both cards listed in XDCAM Transfer Tool before the program can splice the pieces back together. Once the program sees all the pieces the transfer will be seamless. Just highlight the piece that has .smi at the end and the whole clip will be transferred.

- Don

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]