FORUMS: list search recent posts

xdcam ex3 post production

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bill Coons
xdcam ex3 post production
on Feb 19, 2010 at 5:02:22 pm

We own the XDCAM 350 and post with FCP. We use XDCAM Transfer to ingest the footage from the XDCAM Discs.

We have a client who is going to shoot a green screen in Singapore, and then send us the footage from a XDCAM EX camera on a hard drive. Will I have any problems ingesting the XDCAM EX MXF files? We haven't worked with any EX footage, and aside from any other issues that may crop up. So far I hear that they can shoot with an EX3 at 1080 NTSC.

Any insights would be appreciated.

FCP 7.0.1
xdcam transfer v 2.10.0
mac os 10.6.2

Return to posts index

Alister Chapman
Re: xdcam ex3 post production
on Feb 19, 2010 at 7:44:07 pm

Make sure the shooter sends you the entire "BPAV" folder. If he does that you should no problems at all, simply navigate to the BPAV folder from the Transfer Tool and away you go.

Alister Chapman
http://www.xdcam-user.com

Return to posts index

Don Greening
Re: xdcam ex3 post production
on Feb 20, 2010 at 5:35:15 am

[Bill Coons] "Will I have any problems ingesting the XDCAM EX MXF files?"

Follow Alister's advice and also be advised that, on the Mac side of things XDCAM Transfer doesn't generate MXF files for XDCAM EX cameras. XDCMA EX files are in .mp4 format. XDCAM Transfer transcodes the hi rez .mp4 files into a quicktime wrapper for Final Cut Pro. Once you choose to import the files from the memory cards the Transfer tool will import and transcode in one step, depositing the clips into a folder of your choosing. This workflow is if you use XDCAM Transfer as a stand alone app. If you use the program within FCP your clips will appear in the Browser window when complete.

- Don

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]