FORUMS: list search recent posts

XDCAM PDW-U1 Archive problems

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Aaron Hecht
XDCAM PDW-U1 Archive problems
on Feb 17, 2010 at 1:54:05 am

My company is trying to back up some avid projects to XDCAM. Right now I have an offline project which has a file tree with subfolders going into subfolders sometimes 10 or 12 deep. Does XDCAM error out at a certain point when trying to copy subfolders? My disk always gets to the same point then tells me the disk is full which it is not. It has about 20 GB remaining free. The only thing I can think of is these files are in a subfolder that is 11 deep. I have tried this on multiple XDCAM disks. Any help is appreciated.

Return to posts index

Clint Fleckenstein
Re: XDCAM PDW-U1 Archive problems
on Feb 17, 2010 at 2:34:20 pm

My guess is that this is due to the length of the path for those files. There's a maximum length for a file path, and once you get nested 11 or 12 deep I'm guessing you've simply run out of characters. If you're burning a CD-ROM with a decent burning application, it will actually tell you when this happens. You didn't mention which app you're using to archive to XDCAM disc, but my guess is it doesn't know to tell you this specific error.

It looks to me like the XDCAM media uses a PC-type file system, so if you're burning from a Mac you may be complicating things even further.

Cf

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]