FORUMS: list search recent posts

audio issue on ex1r

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jim stamos
audio issue on ex1r
on Feb 13, 2010 at 7:23:37 pm

recorded some talking heads with the ex1r yesterday. had a wireless on speaker and got a feed from the board. for some reason, although the audiio playback on my nle is clean, theres a slight echo.not sure why.sounded perfect when monitoring on headphones

Return to posts index

john sharaf
Re: audio issue on ex1r
on Feb 13, 2010 at 7:26:18 pm

Probably out of phase; if each track sounds good by itself this is the case. Simply use phase rverser on one side and reimport.

JS

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Feb 13, 2010 at 7:29:04 pm

Actually if they were 180° out of phase you'd hear silence yet see the meters move. I don't think phase reversal (which likely shifts 180°) would fix this. They are probably slightly (not 180°) out of phase. See my post for more comments.

Return to posts index

jim stamos
on Feb 13, 2010 at 7:51:03 pm

i hope thats what you say it is, but not sure how to do that. ive never had this problem whenshooting with my dsr cameras.

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Feb 13, 2010 at 9:20:46 pm

XDCAM (all forms) are treated as separate center panned mono channels (in the NLEs I know of). Just check your NLE and pan as needed.

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Feb 13, 2010 at 9:25:33 pm

[jim stamos] "not sure how to do that"
Yipes. All NLEs that I know of have audio panning as a basic function. It's ultra simple "101" level lesson. If you haven't been paying attention to your audio since your DSR days it's really surprising to me.

Return to posts index

jim stamos
on Feb 13, 2010 at 11:49:02 pm

i do have panning in my system which is edius. ive used it when i wanted to remove the cam mike audio when i went wireless on the other channel.

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Feb 13, 2010 at 7:27:03 pm

Ah so we know how you monitored during to shoot to some extent. We have no idea how you're monitoring now.
Perhaps in your NLE the channels are center paned by default and therefore slightly out of phase given the different signal paths. Pan the hard left and right but really you should listen to each channel isolated and decide which you like better. Now if you hear the echo when isolated it may be a different issue.

Return to posts index

Chris Babbitt
on Feb 13, 2010 at 8:38:58 pm

Was your board feed wired or wireless? If you have one direct, wired feed and one wireless, there will be a slight delay between the two, depending on the distance between the transmitter and receiver. OR....your speaker mike is picking up more room sound which is resulting in more echo effect.

Return to posts index

jim stamos
on Feb 13, 2010 at 11:47:35 pm

the feed from the board was wired, i turned off the wireless channel in my editing and used the board feed, but the ambient is there, althoug his audio is good because of the direct feed. can i do anything in sound forge? anywhere else?

Return to posts index

jim stamos
on Feb 14, 2010 at 12:02:09 am

uploaded a sample of the file, not sure where it went
used the file upload icon above,but doesnt show in the thread

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]