FORUMS: list search recent posts

My new macbook pro doesn't read the cards from my new EX1 (but does when its USB!)

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dan Nastro
My new macbook pro doesn't read the cards from my new EX1 (but does when its USB!)
on Feb 11, 2010 at 6:48:07 pm

So I just got a 17" MacBook Pro and an EX1, when I connect the SXS cards into the slot of the MBP it doesn't show up in the finder...however when I connect my camera via the slow USB it does read the cards. I have all my Sony software installed and updated (my SxS Driver is 1.04.5050, compatible with 10.6)... I know it isn't the slot on the MBP because...my SDHC card reader works in there...also when i do insert an SxS card this little icon in my toolbar shows up on the right and when I click on it the only option I get is to "turn card off" Still nothing mounted but i know it's being read...

What's the deal!? HELP!!

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: My new macbook pro doesn't read the cards from my new EX1 (but does when its USB!)
on Feb 11, 2010 at 9:35:58 pm

Possibly a Snow Leopard issue and check in with Sony support on that. I'd just stick with the reader not a major speed difference there.

Noah

Check out my book: RED: The Ultimate Guide to Using the Revolutionary Camera!
Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook, Panasonic HVX200, Canon EOS 5D Mark II and Canon 7D.
Visit my Editors Blog- Tips and Gear for Editors.

Return to posts index

Michael Slowe
Re: My new macbook pro doesn't read the cards from my new EX1 (but does when its USB!)
on Feb 12, 2010 at 11:23:15 am

I always transfer BPAV files direct from the camera via USB to a drive via my MacBook Pro and it takes about 11 minutes for a 16 GB S x S. Is that considered slow, I'm not sure?

Michael Slowe

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Feb 13, 2010 at 2:43:33 am

[Michael Slowe] "I always transfer BPAV files direct from the camera via USB to a drive via my MacBook Pro and it takes about 11 minutes for a 16 GB S x S. Is that considered slow, I'm not sure?

Michael Slowe"

No it's considered Slowe! My apologies- I just couldn't resist. Anyways- that sounds about right to me. Think about how much longer it would take if you had to play out to capture like we did in the old days...

Noah

Check out my book: RED: The Ultimate Guide to Using the Revolutionary Camera!
Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook, Panasonic HVX200, Canon EOS 5D Mark II and Canon 7D.
Visit my Editors Blog- Tips and Gear for Editors.

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
on Feb 13, 2010 at 5:31:53 am

I don't see any slow downloading the 16Gb in 11 minutes through USB.
Rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

Michael Slowe
on Feb 13, 2010 at 11:25:55 am

Nice one Noah, I was expecting something like this!

Michael Slowe

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]