FORUMS: list search recent posts

Missing BPAV files

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mick Ruane
Missing BPAV files
on Feb 8, 2010 at 4:14:35 pm

I have footage in XDcam format but the mp4 files were transferred to hard disk without the BPAV files. I am running Fcp 6.06 and do not have an intel mac. Is there a package that will batch create a new bpav file?

What is the best way of getting fcp to read the files?

Mick Ruane
http://www.bogdogfilms.com

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
Re: Missing BPAV files
on Feb 8, 2010 at 4:23:42 pm

After you fire the person who desecrated the masters you can use ClipBrowser (Intel only) to import the MP4 and get new BPAV. I've heard that XDCAM Transfer (PPC and Intel) can do this too now but haven't verified this. If that's not the case you can always get a MacMini or an inexpensive Windows box.

Return to posts index

Daniel Wright
on Feb 8, 2010 at 9:05:19 pm

Unlike Clip Browser, XDCAM Transfer won't make a new BPAV folder structure for you. However, you can add the folder containing your .MP4 files and import to FCP as usual.

Unfortunately, (1) you won't be able to save any metadata back, as you would be able to do if you had the BPAV folder and (2) any clips that were spanned will not be stitched together, they will simply be imported as separate clips.

Return to posts index

Mick Ruane
on Feb 9, 2010 at 2:05:53 pm

Daniel & Craig

Thanks for your help.

I had a back up copy of the files on a portable hard disk and I borrowed a PC laptop and created the missing files in clip browser.

Once again really appreciate your help

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]