FORUMS: list search recent posts

Using XDCAM PDW-U1 with PowerPC processor

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Scott Anderson
Using XDCAM PDW-U1 with PowerPC processor
on Feb 5, 2010 at 10:02:47 pm

I am trying to install the Sony XDCAM PDW-U1 software onto my PowerMac G5. The software installs, but when I try to run it I get an error message that says I must have an Intel processor. Problem is that my G5 has the PowerPC G5 processor. Is there a version of the PDW-U1 software that will run on the PowerPC processor?

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Using XDCAM PDW-U1 with PowerPC processor
on Feb 6, 2010 at 12:19:25 am

Erm- nope. Ya need to upgrade to an Intel-based machine.

Noah

Check out my book: RED: The Ultimate Guide to Using the Revolutionary Camera! Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio.
Call Box Training now featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook, Panasonic HVX200, Canon EOS 5D Mark II and Canon 7D,
Apple Tablet Blog.

Return to posts index

Mark Raudonis
on Feb 6, 2010 at 6:52:51 pm

If you don't want to spring for a brand new Mac Pro, just get a Mac Mini and BOOM!, you've got a new stand alone digitizing station.

Mark

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Feb 7, 2010 at 3:41:37 am

[Mark Raudonis] "If you don't want to spring for a brand new Mac Pro, just get a Mac Mini and BOOM!, you've got a new stand alone digitizing station."

And with less desk space required!

Noah

Check out my book: RED: The Ultimate Guide to Using the Revolutionary Camera! Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio.
Call Box Training now featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook, Panasonic HVX200, Canon EOS 5D Mark II and Canon 7D,
Apple Tablet Blog.

Return to posts index

Clint Fleckenstein
on Feb 8, 2010 at 2:17:24 pm

We have an iMac dedicated to ours. It keeps the online footage on a pair of RAIDs and the PDW-U1 for archiving.

Cf

Return to posts index

Scott Anderson
on Feb 8, 2010 at 3:33:06 pm

Thanks! There's an extra MacBook Pro floating around the office. I'll use that. It will become our dedicated ingest station.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]