FORUMS: list search recent posts

Clip Browser Flash Band

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chandler Kauffman
Clip Browser Flash Band
on Feb 1, 2010 at 6:01:51 pm

Trying to get the flash bands out of a large amount of live event footage using Clip Browser 2.6. Looking around I see that Sony hasn't released instructions for it, in keeping with their usual weird way of doing things. I tried processing a 16GB card's worth and after many hours of the software running it told me 12 were found but only one corrected. What's up with that?
I did Flash Band>Detect and Correct>All Range
Anyone know how to get this to work?
Thanks

Sony EX1
Canon 5d mark 2
FCP 6.06

Return to posts index

Alister Chapman
Re: Clip Browser Flash Band
on Feb 1, 2010 at 6:15:27 pm

It only seems to work with interlace material and the detection can be a bit hit and miss. You should be aware of the setting in CB preferences to change where the corrected copies of the clips are stored, otherwise you won't find your corrected clips.

First to automatically detect and correct select a clip then go to "File" "Flash Band" "Detect and Correct" If you open a clip in the Preview window and under the flash band tab click "load" any detected flash band information will be displayed. If there are un detected bands you can scroll through the clip and use the "Add" button to mark them. Check the "preview" box to see a preview of the correction. Then click "save" to save your markers. Finally go to "File" "Flash Band" "Correct" to generate a new clip with and flash banding corrected. To see the finished results remember to open the new corrected clip and not the original uncorrected clip.

Alister Chapman
http://www.xdcam-user.com

Return to posts index

Chandler Kauffman
Re: Clip Browser Flash Band
on Feb 1, 2010 at 6:39:59 pm

Thanks Alister, what does it save the new clip as? I have it set to save in the same place as the original.
Also, when marking banding manually, which frame do you tag since the banding can span several?

Sony EX1
Canon 5d mark 2
FCP 6.06

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]