FORUMS: list search recent posts

component out malfunction on EX-3

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jay Childs
component out malfunction on EX-3
on Jan 29, 2010 at 9:11:02 pm

Hello all -

Im wondering if others have experienced "contact" problems with their EX-1 or EX-3 component out. At first I thought it was the cable. Each time I connect the mini plug to the camera and then plug into the component out of my HD monitor, the color is off, mainly because the RED portion of the component out from the camera is sketchy. Has anyone been able to have this fixed? Do I need to send the whole camera to Sony ... and if so where? Finally has anyone found a suitable workaround for HD monitoring out from the camera.

Thanks

Jay
JBC Communications
Portsmouth, NH

http://www.jbccom.com

Return to posts index

Don Greening
Re: component out malfunction on EX-3
on Jan 29, 2010 at 9:37:22 pm

Look at the connection closely on both the cable and the camera. You'd be smart to use some sort of magnifying aid. Make sure the contacts are all there and that they're not bent. If they look good on both the cable and camera then it's an internal issue and you'll have to send it in to Sony.

[Jay Childs] "Do I need to send the whole camera to Sony ... and if so where?"

To the nearest Sony repair depot. Find out where it is and phone them. Ask them if you can just send the camera body in or do they need the lens as well.

[Jay Childs] "Finally has anyone found a suitable workaround for HD monitoring out from the camera. "

Sure. Use the SDI port and connect that to a monitor that has the same.

- Don

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]