FORUMS: list search recent posts

SxS Card Problem

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Travis MacRitchie
SxS Card Problem
on Jan 29, 2010 at 4:32:28 pm

I have 2 16GB SxS cards that have always been used without fail in my EX1. Today, we fire up the camera, and the cards are not recognizable by the camera. It gives the incorrect media error. Can't seem to reformat them in the camera. Try them in another EX1, same problem. Try upgrading firmware... problem persists. I'm convinced now its an issue with the cards. Putting the cards into the computer the SxS media logo shows up, but the card is unreadable. Try formating with disk utility into FAT32 drive... problem persists. Being pretty experienced with P2 cards, I'm fairly certain that I just need to format the cards in the camera to restore the cards registry structure then it will be recognized... I just can't seem to do it. Any thoughts?

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
Re: SxS Card Problem
on Jan 29, 2010 at 7:05:31 pm

Hmm, I wonder how that compares to SDHC cards ?

I think the only way to format is in camera or a deck if you have one. Otherwise it's back to Sony for replacement cards.

Sony advises against formatting FAT32 by computer.

Return to posts index

Will Salley
Re: SxS Card Problem
on Jan 30, 2010 at 3:06:46 am

I doubt two cards would develop errors at the same time without the camera having played some role. That being said, did you try formatting in the second camera or just reading?

Do the red lights (next to card slot) come on? If so do they ever blink? Do other cards work in the original EX1?

Mac Pro 2x2.8 Quadcore - 10.6.2 - QT 7.6.3 - 22 GB RAM - nvidia8800GT - SATA internal & external storage - Blackmagic Multibridge Pro - Open GL 1.5.10 - Wacom Intous2 tablet - AJA io
SONY XDCAM EX3 - Letus Elite

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]