FORUMS: list search recent posts

EX3 Ingest

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alan Taddei
EX3 Ingest
on Jan 23, 2010 at 5:47:38 pm

Seen a posting about this somewhere, but cannot find the thread now, and the solution did not work for me anyway....

I am waiting delivery of my new edit suite, but in the meantime have a macbook pro, and just want to ingest the ex3 clips into the transfer software to view the clips, set in/out points etc, just to familiarise myself with it.

However.... when I put the card into an Sxs reader, or the slot on the laptop, it seems to recognise the card and the clips when the transfer software launches, but the clip, despite having timecode info etc. says "no media" and I don't see a clip image. If I click on the clip, I can play it in the viewer window, but there is no picture, it just says no media. Been on this looking for a solution for 6 hours! I saw a forum posting somewhere about dragging clips into a new BPAV folder or something, but nothing I have tried works and I am thoroughly ****** off! Any ideas

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: EX3 Ingest
on Jan 24, 2010 at 12:19:34 am

Re-install the Sony software from their website and make sure you have an update OS, QuickTime Player, etc.

Noah

Check out my book: RED: The Ultimate Guide to Using the Revolutionary Camera! Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio.
Call Box Training now featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook, Panasonic HVX200, Canon EOS 5D Mark II and Canon 7D,
Apple Tablet Blog.

Return to posts index

Will Maher
on Dec 8, 2010 at 3:37:37 am

Thanks for this

Return to posts index

cowcowcowcowcow
Don Greening
EX3 Ingest
on Jan 24, 2010 at 1:16:46 am

[Alan Taddei] "but the clip, despite having timecode info etc. says "no media" and I don't see a clip image."

That's because you're missing the XDCAM EX codecs. They reside with the NLE (which you say you're waiting for) and not with XDCAM Transfer.

You can, however, view your clips with Sony's Clip Browser software. To summarize:

XDCAM Transfer - needs XDCAM EX codecs to work, which are found in programs like Final Cut Pro.
Sony FAM driver - software that recognize SxS Pro memory cards as an attached device.
Sony Clip Browser - Basically is a copy tool but is also an XDCAM EX stand-alone viewer.

- Don

Return to posts index

Alan Taddei
on Jan 24, 2010 at 12:08:25 pm

Thanks Don, I thought I could use it to ingest the clips into the computer. I can see the clips in the clip browser okay, I thought I had an issue with the transfer tool. I've already deleted and downloaded again about ten times... was driving me mad.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]