FORUMS: list search recent posts

Intensity Pro does not support 1080 30p

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rob Lagerstrom
Intensity Pro does not support 1080 30p
on Jan 20, 2010 at 6:05:43 pm

I am bummed that I cannot:
1. See my project on my new LCD monitor and Intensity pro card I bought specifically for this purpose. I did a lot of reading about this card and did not read anywhere that I have to use a BM preset in my NLE (Premiere) to get HDMI output to my HDTV.

I just talked to tech support at BM and they said they "may eventually" support 1080 30p but it is a relatively new format (huh?) that only a few cameras can shoot at.

So, if I want to see my footage on my HDTV I have to compromise the quality by using one of their supported formats or shoot at one of their formats.

I hope this info is beneficial to anyone who is considering buying an Intensity Pro card.

Rob

Return to posts index

cowcowcowcowcow
Alister Chapman
Re: Intensity Pro does not support 1080 30p
on Jan 24, 2010 at 3:10:49 pm

1080 30P is normally delivered using PsF (progressive segmented frame). This uses an interlace signal to carry progressive pictures. So if you shoot 1080P30 drop it into a 60i timeline and you will in effect get PsF. Just be aware that any renders will contain fields, but if all your source material is progressive this won't have any effect on the final image.

Alister Chapman
http://www.xdcam-user.com

Return to posts index

Rob Lagerstrom
Re: Intensity Pro does not support 1080 30p
on Feb 3, 2010 at 1:06:22 pm

"Just be aware that any renders will contain fields, but if all your source material is progressive this won't have any effect on the final image."

Thank you for posting this work around. I am a little confused, though. On export I can choose the option of progressive or interleaved. Are you just saying that renders before export will be interleaved? Does that also mean I would have to suffer through another render when I do export to progressive. I use Premiere pro CS4.
Thanks, Rob

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]