FORUMS: list search recent posts

Letus Extreme EX1 LCD and Peaking

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Olly Lawer
Letus Extreme EX1 LCD and Peaking
on Jan 18, 2010 at 8:14:35 pm

Hi,

I'm striving for more of a cinematic look for my productions and came across the Letus Extreme.

I'm at an early stage of my business, so funds are not readily available, however, I can stretch to buy the Letus35 Extreme Starter Bundle for my EX1 and an inexpensive lens.

I cannot afford a field monitor (the £2000 price tag is a little high!), so was wondering what experiences Letus Extreme uses have had with the EX1 LCD screen and if peaking is enough to keep the image in clear focus without a field monitor?

Also, could you recommend any cheaper lenses to use with the letus - i'm prob going to go with the Nikon adapter.

Finally, has anyone seen any productions that have a mix of standard EX1 footage, mixed in with the Letus - i'd be interested to see how the mix in the same production.

Many thanks

Olly Lawer

Return to posts index

Don Greening
Re: Letus Extreme EX1 LCD and Peaking
on Jan 18, 2010 at 10:02:55 pm

Olly,

You might want to contact Philip Bloom in the UK. He has extensive experience using the Letus and the EX1/EX3 cameras. I'm pretty sure he's done some of his shooting without the benefit of any other monitor other than the flip-out LCD screen.

http://philipbloom.co.uk/

- Don

Return to posts index

Olly Lawer
Re: Letus Extreme EX1 LCD and Peaking
on Jan 23, 2010 at 1:42:04 pm

Great. Thank you I will.

In terms of which version to buy. The elite is a LOT more money, but has a back focus ring. Will this make a cruitial difference or can I get away without a back focus ring? I will be using the EX1.

Also I'll be shooting 720 25p with the Letus Exteme with my EX1 and mixing with footage shot without the letus adapter. How do the images come out when converting down to a SD DVD? and also Blu-ray?

Thanks

Olly Lawer

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]