FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sony EX3 Picture noise

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
fahed abou ghanem
Sony EX3 Picture noise
on Jan 18, 2010 at 6:09:45 pm

Hi, am facing a major problem with my sony ex3 camera, the picture looks noisy as if am opening gain 18 bd or more where it is set to 0 db, and i can clearly notice the noise in the night scenes and slightly in the day scense. any one know whats happining , i will really apreciate any help, thanks in advance.

Best Regards,
Fahed

Return to posts index

Aaron Leong
Re: Sony EX3 Picture noise
on Jan 18, 2010 at 8:41:07 pm

Make sure you haven't activated the full auto button. Its real easy to hit sometimes and once on, the camera "takes over." Another thing to check would be the picture profiles. Maybe it is set to a picture profile without intention?? I don't know. I'm just trying to offer up possible solutions. Keep me updated if you find the problem!

~aaron

Return to posts index

Don Greening
Re: Shooting a night club commercial, PMW-EX1
on Jan 18, 2010 at 10:15:55 pm

It would be nice if you could have posted an example of your noisy footage in the form of a frame grab (picture) but since you didn't there are a couple of suggestions I can offer:

1) Turn off picture profiles if one is active
2) Use the "RESET ALL" function in the camera's menu to return everything to the default settings.
3) Make sure you're in manual everything so that the auto-gain is not active.

The EX cameras have a very decent picture to noise ratio, otherwise they wouldn't be using them in full length feature films such as "Public Enemies". If you're experiencing excessive picture noise take it to an authorized Sony repair facility so they can check it out on their calibration intruments.

- Don

Return to posts index

Alister Chapman
Re: Shooting a night club commercial, PMW-EX1
on Jan 23, 2010 at 7:17:05 pm

Steer well clear of standard gamma 1, it's very noisy. If you still have more noise than you like try raising the "crispening" to +30

Alister Chapman
http://www.xdcam-user.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]