FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sony EX3 and Panasonic AV HS400a, in PAL

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Florin Iosif
Sony EX3 and Panasonic AV HS400a, in PAL
on Jan 10, 2010 at 1:35:26 pm

Hello
I am using 3 Sony EX3 for a studio show, with video mixer Panasonic AV HS 400a, and I need it in PAL. I made it to work in NTSC, could you tell me the settings for making this to work in PAL, so I do not need the transcoder for the final project. You already know that I am a begginger :)

Thanks.

Return to posts index

john sharaf
Re: Sony EX3 and Panasonic AV HS400a, in PAL
on Jan 10, 2010 at 4:21:20 pm

From page 83 of the manual, as published on Panasonic webite, see below:

5-1. Selecting the video format
One system (input/output signal) video format can be selected.
1 Press the [FUNC] button to light its indicator, and then press the [SYSTEM] button to display the SYSTEM
menu.
2 Turn [F1] to display the Format sub menu.
3 Turn [F2], select the format using the Mode item, and press the [F2] switch to enter the selection.
An asterisk () appears at the left of the format currently selected.

Format Mode↓ 16:9SQ
1/16 1080/59.94i Off
1080/50i
720/59.94p
720/50p
480/59.94i
576/50i
On

JS

Return to posts index

Florin Iosif
on Jan 10, 2010 at 5:30:41 pm

THanks, tommorrow morning I will try this and then let you know if I did it right :)

Another question.
Can I plug in this video switcher and combine with EX3, this camera Sony Z7U?
and what settings should I use for those two types of camera, in order for the footage to combine in the same project.

Thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

john sharaf
on Jan 10, 2010 at 5:49:29 pm

Florin,

I don't really know the Z7U camera, but I'm fairly certain it does not have an HD-SDI output, so either you'll need the Analog Component Input card in the switcher or an outboard Analog Component to HDSDI Converter (like AJA or Blackmagic).

I know you say you're a beginner, but a switcher like the 400(A) is a landmine with scores of boody-traps. I highly recommend you either download the manual from the Panasonic website and study it religiously, then prep/practice with the setup before the day, or hire someone familiar with this piece of gear to work with you. This is a great way to learn!

JS

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]